One of these people has been crowned the winner back in February but his or her victory has not been recognized due to airing conflict.
The veil covering long-delayed season 6 of "Project Runway" is taken off. 16 designers who have participated and finished shooting for the fashion competition in February this year are revealed and three of them come from as far as Russia, Bosnia and the Republic of Georgia.
Nicolas Putvinksi is a 27 year-old born in Moscow who has been living in New York. He is an F.I.T. graduate whose design commissioned for W and Vogue, but Tim Gunn thinks he is a bit of a fashion snob.
Meanwhile, Gordana Gehlhausen is a Yugoslavia-born designer owning a boutique in San Diego. "It wouldn't be a case of going shopping and using the fabric she brought back. She'd do things to it," Gunn says about her.
Another foreigner, Irina Shabeyeva, comes from Republic of Georgia. According to Gunn, she has the sense of proportion. "Her models look as if they've been in for a dozen fittings," he gushes, "and they haven't."
13 other designers have their own fashion inspirations ranging from Halle Berry to rural Chinese farmers. The competition took place in Los Angeles with celebrity guest judges such as Lindsay Lohan and Christina Aguilera.
Apart from the fierce challenges, the sixth season is also filled with drama. "Look out for the girls," host Heidi Klum said. "The girls are very strong on season six. There's a lot of crying, there's fighting going on, there's a lot of drama going on - but especially with the girls."
The sixth season will premiere on August 20 on Lifetime after its move from Bravo TV. Shooting for the seventh season, meanwhile, is already underway.
- Shirin Askari, 25, of Garland, Texas
- Louise Black, 32, of Dallas
- Ra'Mon-Lawrence Coleman, 31, of Milwaukee
- Rodney Epperson, 50, of New York
- Ari Fish, 26, of Kansas City, Mo.
- Qristyl Frazier, 42, of New York
- Gordana Gehlhausen, 45, of San Diego
- Mitchell Hall, 26, of Savannah, Ga.
- Althea Harper, 25, of New York
- Logan Neitzel, 25, of Seattle
- Nicolas Putvinksi, 27, of New York
- Johnny Sakalis, 30, of Los Angeles
- Irina Shabeyeva, 27, of New York
- Christopher Straub, 30, of Shakopee, Minn.
- Malvin Vien, 24, of New York
- Carol Hannah Whitfield, 24, of New York