Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige have laid out ten dates that will bring them together down the road.
Jay-Z who curiously only set a short tour for his latest effort, "American Gangster", last year apparently is saving the dates for the longer one with Mary J. Blige. Both Hip-Hop icons have teamed up to jump on the potentially biggest tour this year.
Dubbed "Heart of the City", the jaunt will kick off March 22 in Miami. The first ten dates have been unveiled but more are reportedly expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks. Tickets for the announced shows will go on sale on February 15.
On other news, Jay-Z reportedly will start a new label post his departure as the CEO of Def Jam/ Islands. A source told New York Daily News that the rapper is in talks with Warner Music Group chairman, Lyor Cohen to start a small label that may "just put out three or four records a year."
Cohen denied the report but had commented on this saying, "I would be honored and privileged to work with him again. Bringing Jay-Z to the Warner Music Group would be a privilege and a coup. I'd do it in a heartbeat."
Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige's "Heart of the City" Tour Trek:
- March 22: Miami (American Airlines Arena)
- March 26: Baltimore (1st Mariner Arena)
- March 27: Uniondale, N.Y. (Nassau Coliseum)
- March 28: East Rutherford, N.J. (Izod Center)
- March 30: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
- April 2: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
- April 3: Boston (TD Banknorth Garden)
- April 5: Greensboro, N.C. (Greensboro Coliseum)
- April 6: Washington, D.C. (Verizon Center)
- April 16: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)