Maroon 5 Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Maroon 5
> Maroon 5 Trivia
- Famous as : Pop rock band
- Birth Name : Kara's Flowers
- Birth Date : 1999
- Birth Place : Los Angeles, California, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Album "Song about Jane" (2002)
- Has been made the headliner of the 2005 Honda Civic Tour.
- Single "Makes Me Wonder" from 2nd album jumped 63 places in Billboard Hot 100 and recorded as the chart's greatest leap in May 2007.
- Their first live album, "1.22.03.Acoustic," featured a cover song of AC/DC entitled "Highway To Hell" in which Adam and Ryan switched their position: Adam played drums while Ryan became the lead vocal.
- Their single "Harder to Breathe" got over 20 spins a week on VH1's "Inside Track."
- Celebrated their 10th anniversary as a band on the same day their album, "Songs about Jane," went Platinum by February 6, 2004.
- Most of the tracks of "Songs about Jane" were inspired by Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend.
- "Songs about Jane" scored a record in the SoundScan era as it needed a full 26 months to break into the top 10 of The Billboard 200 after its release in June 2002, going from #102 to #6 by August 2004.
- Opened the 47th Annual Grammy Awards held in 2005 together with four other Grammy nominees which turned out to be the first time in this event's history to hold such performance.
- Participated in Tsunami Aid: A Concert of Hope held on January 15, 2005 to raise fund for the victims of the horrendous disaster that affected South Asia.
- Gained a nomination for Favorite New Artist at American Music Awards in 2004.
- Their music video of "She Will Be Loved" featured actress Kelly Preston.
- Received two MTV Video Music Awards nominations in the categories of Best Group Video and Best New Artist in A Video, both through the track "This Love" in 2004. They won the latter one.
- The music video of "This Love" featured the band's lead vocalist, Adam Levine, and his then real-life girlfriend, Kelly McGee who is a model, in steamy scenes.
- Single "This Love" had become the most downloaded tunes at the iTunes music store.
- Its first four members attended the same high school with actor Jake Gyllenhaal.
- The band's name is based on the name of a fictional band, Yellow 5, yet the personnel keep their mouth shut concerning the reason for the choice of the color, which is maroon.