AceShowbiz - Latto's (Mulatto) gun charge has reportedly been dismissed after the femcee completed a gun safety course and over 100 hours of community service. According to a new report, her case was officially dismissed in L.A. County Superior Court on Tuesday, April 25.
Following the dismissal, the "Big Energy" raptress' attorney Jamal Tooson expressed relief in a statement. "I am extremely pleased with the outcome and glad my client can move forward with her flourishing career," so he told TMZ.
Latto was previously charged with carrying a loaded firearm and concealed weapon in an incident at Los Angeles International Airport in May 2021. A judge later ruled that Latto had to complete a safety course, perform 120 hours of community service, and avoid all firearms, all of which she completed.
The "777" artist, however, denied the allegations. "Idk who put out that false ass information cause I'm not in no damn program," the 24-year-old wrote on Twitter back in March. "Also the situation happened over a year ago & y'all never even knew until I mentioned it in the Boom pt 2 verse. Nun to 'brag' about. Leave me alone."
The "B***h From Da Souf" raptress then went on Instagram Live to maintain she's a "housewife" not a "gangsta." The femcee added that she had no reason to project a tough image. "That s**t blowing me," she said. "B***h I'm just letting you know you got the story wrong. I'm not gangsta, b***hes never claimed to be gangsta. I'm not gangsta."
"Baby I get money, the f**k? I got a n***a who suck these toes every night, eat this a** from the back. I cook, I'm a whole housewife I'm not no gangsta. The f**k? Who wanna brag...I got million dollar deals. Like plural. Multiple million dollar deals on the table. The f**k? I'm not trying to push no f**king gangster image, the f**k?" she added.
She continued, "As a matter of fact, we kept that s**t under wraps. This s**t over a year ago. We kept this s**t under wraps. I mentioned it in a song cause I was freestyling that verse, and it slipped out my mouth."