AceShowbiz - When Jimmy Kimmel was cooking Thanksgiving dinner, things got a little heated. After accidentally burning his hair and eyebrows off while preparing the food, the "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" host poked fun by calling the mishap a "tradition."
"Happy thanksgiving everyone. try not to burn your hair and eyebrow off lighting the oven," the TV host captioned a photo of himself squinting at the camera, with chunks of black ash scattered across his eyebrows, arm and hairline under his baseball cap. The snap appeared to be taken in front of a brick oven, shortly after the incident happened.
In the comment section, his daughter Katie Kimmel, who got married to Will Logsdon in September, wrote, "Again?????" In response, he replied, "Yep," before adding, "It's now a holiday tradition."
Aside from Katie, Jimmy's famous friends commented on the hilarious post. DJ Khaled wrote, "Take it easy my brother love and blessings to you and your family, happy holidays." Meanwhile, Johnny Knoxville left a couple of laughing with tears emojis before adding, "Happy thanksgiving!"
Indeed, this was not the first time Jimmy has burned a bunch of his body hair while cooking. Back in November 2020, the comedian made his appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and explained a scary incident that happened on the Fourth of July, during which he caused a "massive explosion" from his barbeque.
"I haven't told anybody about this but on July 4th I did a very stupid thing," he told Ellen DeGeneres. "I turned the gas on the grill and then I went for a little walk to look for matches. And then when I came back I thought, 'Hmm, I should probably open the lid and air this thing out, maybe turn it off and start over again.' "
Jimmy continued, "And then I thought, 'No, I'm not going to do that. What I'll do is I'll light a piece of paper on fire, then throw it into the grill.' " The late-night talk show host went on to say, "I did that, and there was a massive explosion in my face. I burned my beard off and my eyebrow off and my eyelashes off."
Jimmy added that everyone told him he was lucky nothing worse happened. The 54-year-old TV personality then joked, "But it didn't feel like a lucky stroke when it happened, that's for sure," before adding that prior to the Fourth of July, he also once lit his tie on fire while starting up his barbeque.