The 'Drag Race' star dominates this year's Critics Choice Real TV Awards with double victory, leading the winners that include Stanley Tucci, Issa Rae, and Oprah Winfrey.
Stanley Tucci, Issa Rae, and RuPaul were among the big winners at the Critics Choice Real TV Awards on Monday night (21Jun21).
The "Devil Wears Prada" star Tucci took home the Best Travel/Adventure Show gong for his programme "Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy" while Rae won the Best Short Form Series prize for "Issa Rae Teaches Creating Outside the Lines".
RuPaul shared the Best Competition Series award with "The Great British Baking Show" and was the sole winner of the Best Ensemble Cast in an Unscripted Series gong too. NBC's "The Voice" also tied with Fox's "The Masked Singer" for Best Competition Series: Talent/Variety.
Other winners at the awards which recognise excellence in nonfiction, unscripted and reality programming across broadcast, cable and streaming platforms, included David Attenborough, who took home the Best Animal/Nature Show prize for "Life in Colour with David Attenborough", and Padma Lakshmi, who was awarded the Best Culinary Show gong for "Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi".
The full list of Critics Choice Real TV Awards winners is as follows:
- Best Limited Documentary Series: "1971: The Year That Music Changed Everything"
- Best Sports Show: "30 for 30"
- Best Live Show: "Dancing with the Stars"
- Best Unstructured Series: "Deaf U"
- Best Structured Series: "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives"
- Female Star of the Year: "Dr. Pimple Popper"
- Male Star of the Year: "Somebody Feed Phil"
- Best Ongoing Documentary Series: "Frontline"
- Best Lifestyle: Home/Garden Show: "House Hunters International"
- Best Crime/Justice Show: "I'll Be Gone in the Dark"
- Best Short Form Series: "Issa Rae Teaches Creating Outside the Lines"
- Best Game Show: "Jeopardy!"
- Best Show Host: "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver"
- Best Animal/Nature Show: "Life in Colour with David Attenborough"
- Best Relationship Show: "Love on the Spectrum"
- Best Lifestyle: Fashion/Beauty Show: "Queer Eye"
- Best Competition Series: "RuPaul's Drag Race" and "The Great British Baking Show"
- Best Ensemble Cast in an Unscripted Series: "RuPaul's Drag Race"
- Best Business Show: "Shark Tank"
- Best Travel/Adventure Show: "Stanley Tucci: Searching for Italy"
- Best Culinary Show: "Taste the Nation with Padma Lakshmi"
- Best Competition Series: Talent/Variety: "The Masked Singer" and "The Voice"
- Best Structured Series: "The Oprah Conversation"