Sharon Osbourne Slammed for Forcing Assistant to Save Art From Burning House and Then Fired Him
BBC
Celebrity

The matriarch of the Osbournes comes under fire after saying in a TV interview that she sacked an employee after forcing him to retrieve her paintings from a house fire.

AceShowbiz - Sharon Osbourne has been criticised by fans after confessing she sacked an employee after they failed to see the funny side of having to retrieve her paintings from a house fire.

During an appearance on U.K. TV show "Would I Lie To You?" on Thursday, December 26, Sharon revealed she sent the ex-assistant into her burning house to save artwork, before sacking him for not laughing with her and husband Ozzy Osbourne about the incident later.

"The Talk" co-host explained the fire started after a candle was left burning when she and Ozzy went to bed, and how his arm and hair had caught on fire before she put out the flames by pushing him into a fountain.

She went on to describe how she ordered the assistant to "go in and get the paintings out," after he had helped to get her dogs out, becoming angry when he initially refused and adding, "How very dare you. You work here and you get more paintings out right now."

The former "The X Factor" panellist also confessed she took an oxygen mask off the staff member and placed it on her dog instead - revealing that the assistant was unamused by the incident - so she fired him.

"Ozzy and I were recounting everything and we were laughing and laughing," she recalled. "He goes, 'I don't see what is funny about any of this. I think I'm going to have damaged lungs.' I said, 'If you don't think that's funny, do you think this is funny? You're fired.' "

Social media users reacted angrily to Sharon joking about how she treated her staff, with some calling on the employee to take legal action.

"Absolutely horrified when I saw this on TV. Will never look at Sharon Osbourne the same way after this," one tweeted. while another added, "Well @MrsSOsbourne has just ousted herself as a horrible person on #WILTY a PA saves your dogs from your burning house only to rip their oxygen mask and send them in to save your paintings. Then fire them for not finding the situation funny. I hope they sue for everything!"

You can share this post!

Related Posts