AceShowbiz - Dallas Opera chiefs have cancelled an upcoming Placido Domingo gala concert following new sexual misconduct allegations against the star.
Last month, eight singers and a dancer told the Associated Press that the 78-year-old sexually harassed them. Now 11 more women have come forward with claims, including one of sexual assault.
After the new allegations, which Domingo denies, bosses at the Texas opera house followed the Philadelphia Orchestra and the San Francisco Opera in cutting ties with The Three Tenors star - cancelling his March 2020 gala concert.
"In light of ongoing developments regarding allegations made against Placido Domingo, The Dallas Opera has decided to cancel the March 11, 2020 gala, in which he was scheduled to perform," a statement posted on Twitter read. "Information on future TDO special events will be announced at a later date. Thank you."
Among the opera legend's new accusers are Angela Turner Wilson, a singer who appeared with him in the Washington Opera's 1999-2000 season, who has claimed he painfully groped her breast before a performance.
"It hurt," she told the AP. "It was not gentle. He groped me hard. What woman would ever want him to grab their breast? And it hurt. Then I had to go on stage and act like I was in love with him".
A spokeswoman for Domingo has denied all the allegations, claiming they are part of a campaign to "denigrate" the Spanish star's reputation.
"These new claims are riddled with inconsistencies and, as with the first story, in many ways, simply incorrect," she said of the new allegations.