AceShowbiz - Meek Mill's lawyer is to move forward with his racial discrimination lawsuit against Las Vegas hotel bosses who refused the rapper entry.
Cosmopolitan hotel chiefs denied the rapper a suite there over the weekend (May 25-26), apparently because he had been involved in an altercation on the premises.
His lawyer Joe Tacopina has demanded proof of the past altercation, and now tells TMZ.com he will seek "heavy monetary damages" for "lying and humiliating Meek," and will file a lawsuit this week, vowing, "I'm going to take this place down because of what they did."
Tacopina alleges there's a list of black rappers who are barred from a group of Vegas hotels, claiming he's already identified two other hip-hop stars, Yo Gotti and BlocBoy JB, who are not allowed in certain Sin City establishments.
Meek, real name Robert Rihmeek Williams, and his entourage planned to attend DJ Mustard's gig at the Cosmopolitan's Marquee Nightclub on Saturday but were met by security staff as they arrived and told if they left their vehicle they'd be arrested for trespassing.
According to TMZ editors, hotel officials have blamed their refusal to allow Meek in on the nightclub being full.
However, that version of events contradicts a video obtained by the outlet showing a security guard say the rapper was being denied entry due to a previous incident. The footage shows Meek querying the decision and asking when any altercation took place, but being told to have his team pursue the management as it was "bigger" than the member of staff concerned.
Another video obtained by TMZ shows the 32-year-old asking to grab food in the hotel but again being told to stay in the car and leave.
The lawsuit will allege racial discrimination under state and federal law as well as defamation.