AceShowbiz - Bethenny Frankel recently had a close call with death. The TV personality/author just revealed that she could have died of near-fatal allergic reaction on Sunday, December 16 if it hadn't been for the first responders who saved her life.
The "Bethenny Ever After" star took to her Twitter account on Monday to break down the scary emergency situation. The mother of one said that she was having a soup with fish in it when she had a "rare fish allergy" that caused her to feel itchy and unconscious for 15 minutes.
She couldn't talk and see, leading her to believe that she had a stroke. When she arrived at the hospital, doctors told her that she could've died if she hadn't received the proper treatment in five minutes.
"I have rare fish allergy. Sun,I had soup,itched & was unconscious for 15 mins then to ER & ICU for 2 days w BP of 60/40.I couldn't talk,see, thought I had a stroke & dying & told if 5 mins later I'd be dead, 911 & EPI saved me," she wrote on Twitter. Having experienced the emergency situation, Bethenny said that from now on "I'll never not carry an #epipen"
I have rare fish allergy. Sun,I had soup,itched & was unconscious for 15 mins then to ER & ICU for 2 days w BP of 60/40.I couldn’t talk,see, thought I had a stroke & dying & told if 5 mins later I’d be dead. 911 & EPI saved me.I’ll never not carry an #epipen@newtonwellesley xo— Bethenny Frankel (@Bethenny) December 18, 2018
She was treated in ICU for two days, but is now grateful to be alive. Thanking Newton Wellesley Hospital in Massachusetts, she wrote in another tweet, "That is the best hospital I have ever been to and I am so grateful."
That is the best hospital I have ever been to and I am so grateful. https://t.co/RdHT5qKDK4— Bethenny Frankel (@Bethenny) December 18, 2018
Bethenny also pled to get the hospital, where she was treated, "new mattresses from @Casper bc they have no budget for TVs or comfortable beds."
When a follower pointed out that epipen can be expensive for those who don't have insurance, the 48-year-old entrepreneur additionally promised that she would make it her next mission to make epipen available for children in need.
I am all over this. I’ve heard about it and this will be a mission of mine. https://t.co/vWLQIvlNAT— Bethenny Frankel (@Bethenny) December 18, 2018
This wasn't the first time Bethenny suffered an allergic reaction to fish. In one episode of "The Real Housewives of New York City", the reality TV star got sick and broke out in a rash after unknowingly eating soup with fish in it during lunch with other cast members in Cartagena, Colombia.
"It's the worst feeling, your throat gets itchy, you feel like you're going to throw up," she explained what it's like to have an allergic reaction. "It's like a poison inside you."