'House of Cards' to Resume Production in Early 2018 Without Kevin Spacey


'House of Cards' to Resume Production in Early 2018 Without Kevin Spacey


It is also said that the sixth and final season of the Golden Globe Award-winning series will have Robin Wright's character, Claire Underwood, as the lead.
Netflix has confirmed that its political drama "House of Cards" is slated to resume production of its sixth and final season in early 2018. The streaming giant will move forward with the production without its Oscar-winning star Kevin Spacey following his sexual harassment scandal, and reportedly will start filming in mid-January.

"We are excited to bring closure to fans," Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos said at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference on Monday, December 4. "We're excited for the 370 people who make 'House of Cards' and have done the best work of their lives on that show; for the 2,000 people in Baltimore who have come to depend on that show for their jobs. And so we're really excited that we were able to come to a good creative conclusion to the show."

The final episode reportedly will have eight episodes, though both Netflix and Media Rights Capital refused to comment on it. It is also said that the final season of the Golden Globe Award-winning series will have Robin Wright's character, Claire Underwood, as the lead.

The new announcement came after Netflix stated last month that it extended its hiatus for another two weeks until December 8. "We continue to work with Netflix with the hope of resuming production soon. As we continue these discussions, we have determined together that the crew will be paid for an additional two week hiatus - beginning on November 27th and continuing through December 8th," MCR's senior vp television business and legal affairs Pauline Micelli wrote in a letter sent to the series' cast and crew.

The series has been in limbo following multiple sexual harassment allegations against Spacey. "Star Trek: Discovery" actor Anthony Rapp first came forward with accusation that Spacey made sexual advance on him when he was 14 years old. Days later, director and actor Tony Montana alleged that Spacey, who has since been suspended, "put his hand on my crotch forcefully and grabbed my whole package" at a bar back in 2003.

In addition, CNN reported several new allegations against Spacey. Eight anonymous former and current employees of "House of Cards" accused the actor of creating a "toxic" work environment through his sexual harassment and "predatory" behavior. Not long after the allegation, MRC and Netflix decided to suspend Spacey, with the streaming giant adding that it would "not be involved with any further production of 'House of Cards' that includes Kevin Spacey."


MORE FROM NEWS
Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

  random image