'DWTS' Recap: Ricki Lake Is 'on Fire', Carson Kressley Brings Drama

'DWTS' Recap: Ricki Lake Is 'on Fire', Carson Kressley Brings Drama

David Arquette pours his emotion in his rumba that night while Chaz Bono pays tribute to his father Sonny Bono with his own routine.
Ricki Lake keeps making "Dancing with the Stars" judges amazed after dancing the rumba on Monday night, October 3. Delivering a romantic routine, she was congratulated by Len Goodman for dancing it "so well." Carrie Ann Inaba gushed, "Ricki Lake is on fire!!! Honey, you are looking fierce!" while Bruno Toli compared her every step to "a word in a poem." She got 27 out of 30 which was the best score of the night.

Also among the standouts in this third week's performance show were J.R. Martinez and Chynna Phillips. The former scored 26 for his rumba with Len calling it "wonderful" and "so poignant". Bruno said he could feel every emotion in his steps, while Carrie Ann said his "extraordinary" performance "was one of the most profound, honest dances I've ever seen."

Chynna got the same score as J.R.'s for dancing the rumba to "Hold On". Len said she has taken the competition to a new level and with such dance she is going to stay on the show "for weeks and weeks and weeks." Carrie Ann commented, "We asked for more and you definitely gave us more."

The other two stars dancing the rumba were David Arquette and Chaz Bono. The "Scream" actor made a "very nice comeback" with his routine to song "Oh Child" which was dedicated to his daughter. Len saw "a mix of motion and emotion" in it, while Bruno gushed, "You brought sensitivity, vulnerability, you were achingly romantic." He got 24 out of 30.

In the other hand, Chaz still has not made his breakout performance. He paid tribute to his father Sonny Bono with the rumba which only earned him 18 out of 30. Len thought, "That was your best dance I've seen you do," but Carrie Ann said, "It wasn't your best performance." However, she was impressed by his real courage.

The rest of the contestants performed different dances. Rob Kardashian danced the foxtrot which earned him praises from the judges and 24 points. "I like watching you dance Rob, because you're just so strict, stick-to-the-program," Carrie Ann admitted.

Another reality TV star Kristin Cavallari danced the samba to Beyonce Knowles' "Crazy in Love", leading Bruno to cite the song's title in his comment, "That was more than crazy in love, it was crazy in lust!" Len chimed in, "That was only about 20 percent of the dance. The other 80 percent was fabulous." She scored 24.

Carson Kressley brought "drama, entertainment, enthusiasm... and technique, beautiful shapes, a little bit of girly-girly, a little bit of masculine" with his tango, Carrie Ann said. Bruno called it "insanely brilliant" and the judges gave Carson 23 points.

Nancy Grace danced the waltz which Bruno called "soft and dreamy, like a mother's embrace." Len, meanwhile, advised her, "You've got to try to get this ballroom stretch through and a little better posture." The HLN host got 21.

Hope Solo danced the cha cha cha which was deemed her best dance so far, accoding to Len who "found the costume and a little bit of the routine a little bit provocative." Carrie Ann added, "You're a really strong dancer... but... I just want to take you and work on your walk." The judges gave her 24 points.

On Tuesday, October 4's result show, one of these remaining contestants will be sent home. Professional dancer Julianne Hough is tapped to return to "DWTS" ballroom, just in time for the October 14 release of her movie "Footloose". She is going to dance with her co-star Kenny Wormald.

Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

  random image