AceShowbiz - Paula Abdul has announced personally that she will not return to "American Idol". She took it to Twitter in revealing her sadness and regret that she will not be back for the ninth season which will soon start the audition rounds.
"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL," she wrote on Tuesday, August 4. "I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon."
Paula did not mention about the deal she made with 19Entertainment. She dedicated the next few posts on Twitter to the fans who have been supportive throughout the ordeal. "What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me," she said, adding "It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month."
There were rumors that the studio and producers refused to meet Paula's salary demand. They however agreed to the amount proposed by the other judges, Simon Cowell and Randy Jackson, as well as host Ryan Seacrest. Paula previously said that she will return only when the deal is "fair". New judge Kara DioGuardi officially signed up last week, although her number is reportedly much less than the others.
The judging panel of "American Idol" thus will be back to the three-person format, unless FOX decides to add another one. The ninth season will be premiered in 2010.