Selena Gomez was noticeably absent from the spotlight after she canceled several shows back in 2016 due to anxiety, panic attacks and depression caused by lupus. However, the former Disney darling wouldn't let her mental health issue stop her from making music. Following her first public appearance at the 2016 American Music Awards, she has been hitting the studio to work on new album.
The "Same Old Love" hitmaker has been officially back into the music scene since her collaboration with Kygo, "It Ain't Me", arrived in February 2017. The track debuted in the top 10 on Billboard 200 chart. While quietly readying the follow-up to 2015's "Revival", Selena was active executive producing a Netflix series titled "13 Reasons Why".
Aiming to release her new album this year, the ex-girlfriend of Justin Bieber began teasing fans on social media about her brand new single in May. Titled "Bad Liar", the new song finally arrived on June 18. Selena has been on a series of radio interviews to promote "Bad Liar", and she recently dished on her next single, which would be "completely different" from her previous songs.
"We actually had the song for over a year," she said of the upcoming track. "I've been in the studio for over a year, so I've had this song for a while and all the new music that's coming is very different from the Kygo record to 'Bad Liar'. The next one is completely different. It's been fun. It's an evolution. I know it's different and I just wanted it to sound like something I've never done before."
Wolves (Feat. Marshmello)
Browse All Video
SELENA GOMEZ BIO
Selena Gomez was born on July 22, 1992 to a Mexican American father and half Italian mother. Named after popular singer Selena, she was raised alone by her mother in Grand Prairie, Texas when her parents divorced. Her mother Mandy later remarried when Selena was 14. » more
- Selena Gomez Wishes Taylor Swift a Happy Birthday With Adorable Message Dec 14, 2017
- Justin Bieber's Mom Gushes Over Selena Gomez: 'I Love Her' Dec 11, 2017
- Selena Gomez Temporarily Made Her Instagram Private Despite Being the Most-Followed Person Dec 06, 2017
- Selena Gomez Is in Tears After Accepting Woman of the Year Award at 2017 Billboard Women in Music Dec 01, 2017
- Selena Gomez Talks About 'Remarkable' Split From The Weeknd and Reuniting With Justin Bieber Dec 01, 2017