if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Sean Paul Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Sean Paul
> Sean Paul Trivia
- Famous as : Dancehall reggae singer
- Birth Name : Sean Paul Henriques
- Birth Date : January 08, 1973
- Birth Place : Kingston, Jamaica
- Spouse : Jodi "Jinx" Stewart Henriques (TV presenter, since May-2012)
- Claim to Fame : Single "Get Busy" from album "Dutty Rock" (2002)
- Obtained four nominations at the 2003 Billboard Music Awards in the categories of Artist of the Year, Hot 100 Single of the Year for "Get Busy," Rap Artist of the Year, and Hot 100 Male Artist of the Year.
- Was the nominee of three categories at the 2003 Vibe Awards which were Artist of the Year, Reelest Video for "Get Busy," and Dopest Album for "Dutty Rock."
- Was labeled Best Male Artist by a London radio, KISS 100, in 2005.
- Was nominated for Best Choreography in a Video at the 2004 MTV Video Music Awards for "Like Glue."
- Won the category of Best International Video - Artist at the 2003 MuchMusic Video Awards for "Gimme the Light."
- Collected 11 nominations at the 2003 International Reggae and World Music Awards.
- Has been nominated for Best Reggae Act at the 2002 and the 2003 MOBO Awards. He won the former one.
- Scored two nominations at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards in the categories of Best Dance Video and Best New Artist in a Video.
- Was nominated in the categories of Favorite Hip Hop Male Artist and Favorite Hip Hop Album for "Dutty Rock" at American Music Awards in 2003.
- Won the Dancehall Reggae Album of the Year category through "Dutty Rock" (2002) at the Source Hip-Hop Music Awards in 2003.
- Grabbed three nominations at the 2003 MTV Europe Music Awards for the Best Song, Best Male Artist, and Best New Act categories. He took home the latter one.
- Was among the people who were named Juiciest People of the Year at the 2003 Vibe Awards.
- Earned a nomination for Best New Artist category at BET Awards in 2003.
- Has been the first reggae artist to appear at Hot 97's Summer Jam and to have his two songs played in regular rotation on Hot 97 at the same time.
- The song "Never Gonna Be The Same" was dedicated to his friend, Daddigon, who was shot to death in Kingston.
- Had worked as a chef and as a bank teller before pursuing a singing career.
- Was the first reggae artist to be the cover of Vibe Magazine.
- Was given a thirty-dollar keyboard by his mother when he was 13 years old.
- Has become the first reggae singer to have his two songs gained chart position on Billboard R&B Singles at the same time.
- Has been the member of Jamaican national water polo team.
- His favorite music artists include Nas, Busta Rhymes, Christopher Wallace, and Snoop Dogg.
- Admires Tony Rebel, Buju Banton, and Terror Fabulous.
- Likes eating pasta.