if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Colin Farrell Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Colin Farrell
> Colin Farrell Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Colin James Farrell
- Birth Date : May 31, 1976
- Birth Place : Castleknock, Dublin, Ireland
- Spouse : Amelia Warner (actress, 17-Jul-01 - Nov 2001)
- Claim to Fame : As Roland Bozz in "Tigerland" (2000)
- Earned the 98th rank in Premiere's annual list of Power 100 in 2003.
- Had performed in the stage productions of "Blood Brothers", "Lady Windermere's Fan", and "Philadelphia, Here I Come" during his study at The Gaiety School of Acting.
- Has three tattoos: one is the name "Millie," which is his former wife's nickname, on his left ring finger, the other are the words "Carpe Diem" and a black cross in his left forearm.
- Was named Best Trans-Atlantic Breakthrough Performer at MTV Movie Awards in 2003 for his role in "Phone Booth" (2003).
- Entered a treatment center to overcome his addiction to prescription pain killers by December 2005.
- Made a frontal nude scene in "A Home at The End Of The World" (2004) which shocked the film's test audiences. This scene then was removed, but later it was leaked on the Internet.
- Won an award for Best Colin Farrell in a Movie (Mejor Colin Farrell en una Película) through his role in "S.W.A.T" (2003) at the 2004 MTV Movie Awards, Mexico.
- Broke his ankle and wrist while filming battle scenes in "Alexander" (2004).
- Scored three nominations at the 2003 Teen Choice Awards for the categories of Choice Movie Actor-Drama.Action Adventure, Choice Movie Breakout Star-Male, and Choice Movie Liar.
- Received the Best Actor in a Film nomination at the 2003 IFTA Awards through his role in "S.W.A.T" (2003).
- Used his own Irish accent for the first time in an American movie through "Daredevil, The Movie" (2003).
- Gained the 6th position in the list of The World's Sexiest Man of 2003 compiled by Company Magazine.
- Was included in People Magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People list in 2003.
- Gained an AFLS Award for winning the British Newcomer of the Year category at London Critics Circle Film Awards in 2002 for his role in "Tigerland" (2000).
- Was lent a jet by Bruce Willis so that he could attend Dublin Film Festival after the filming of "Hart's War" (2002).
- Met his former wife, Amelia Warner, for the first time at her film promotion of "Quills" (2000).
- Was honored the title of Best Actor at the 2000 Boston Society of Film Critics Awards and the 2002 Shanghai International Film Festival.
- Encountered his London stage acting debut at the Donmar Warehouse when performing in "In a Little World of Our Own." There he was noticed by Kevin Spacey who asked him to join "Ordinary Decent Criminal" (2000).
- Had joined an audition for a member of Boyzone, but his attempt was unsuccessful.
- Appeared in a commercial for Cadbury.
- Joined a play about Ned Kelly at The Performance Place, an open-air amateur drama spot in a park on Sydney's Cleveland Street.
- Was forced by his mother to take dancing lessons during his younger life once his brother, Eamon Farrell Jr., started them.
- Is a good friend of Cillian Murphy.
- His life was made into an unauthorized biography by Jane Kelly entitled "Colin Farrell: Living Dangerously."
- Practiced soccer during his youth.
- Has the same date and month of birth with Brooke Shields, Clint Eastwood, the late Prince Rainier of Monaco, and French politician Henri Emmanuelli.
- His childhood idol was Al Pacino whom he later got the chance to work with in "The Recruit" (2003).
- Is Annette Ekblom's former son-in-law.
- His favorite book is Irvin D. Yalom's "When Nietzsche Wept."
- Has suffered from chronic insomnia that he had since the age of 12 and also had Trichotillomania, an impulse control disorder to pull out one's own hair.
- His son, James, was born at a Los Angeles hospital and weighed 7lb. 9oz. The name was taken from his middle name.