Episode PremiereNovember 14, 2010
Show Period2004 - Now
Production CompanyEndemol Ent., Lock and Key Prod., ABC, Greengrass
Cast and Crew
- Ty Pennington
- Paul DiMeo
- Paige Hemmis
- Michael Moloney
- Ed Sanders
- Tracy Hutson
- Tanya McQueen
- Eduardo Xol
- John Littlefield
- Rib Hillis
Remember that incredible news footage of a school that was swept away in a flood? That building was part of the Lighthouse school of Nashville, Tennessee. The Sweatt family has been running the place since 2003. Brian Sweatt and his wife, Barbara, have spearheaded flood recovery efforts and have helped over 200 families. The Lighthouse School is in danger of closing its doors for good unless they get some help. Well, help is on the way!
Ty and the team surprise the family while Brian is being honored at a school pep rally. The stories the teachers tell of the devastation done to the preschool brings a tear to the eye. It's obvious these are more than just teachers; they're family. Speaking of families, Ty tells the Sweatts of Nashville that they are going to vacation inâ€¦Nashville! Call it a "Stay-cation."
The Sweatts head off to the state fair where they are surprised to meet country superstar LeAnn Rimes. Later, they hit a recording studio where Keith Urban lets them listen in on a new song. They then make their way to a concert at the Grand Ole Opry where they meet Carrie Underwood. The superstar singer puts on an amazing concert featuring a beautiful song called "Temporary Home." It's full of heart and hope.
Paul shows the layout for the new preschool, elementary school and high school. They are very close to each other creating one big lighthouse for education. Paul is also creating an entire little town for all the little kids. Leigh Anne wants to create a barn environment for a preschool classroom. Tracy has plans for a Nashville Country Mart in another room. And Ty is working on a rope bridge for the kids' play area. Can't wait to see how it all comes together!
The Sweatts make a triumphant return from their stay-cation. Time to MOVE THAT BUS!
Here's a breakdown of the new school:
- It's a breathtaking, sprawling complex that may now be the finest preschool in all of Tennessee.
- The teachers are blown away by their new classrooms. Ms. Lacy's place features the Nashville Country Mart. It has a total health food theme. All teachers like to get an apple, so there's a giant play one right in the center of the room with a doorway into the marketplace.
- Ms. Jessica's room has circled cubbies in the reading area where kids can sit with their favorite books.
- Ms. Heather's room is a picture of health. There's a little medical center filled with doctor clothes the kids can wear. And there's a homebuilt tree in the center of the room.
- Ms. Rachel's room has an interactive barn area. But Leigh Anne's favorite feature is the hamster maze that affixed to a giant cutout of the state of Tennessee. She likes to see the little guy make his way down to her hometown of Memphis.
- The outdoor play area features Trike Town where the kids can have some fun with mini bike races.
- You can also visit Paulie's Pizzeria outside as part of a faux town.
- Sears provides all new appliances for the preschool as well as for some of those folks in the community who are still trying to recover from the flood.
- Ty built a play lighthouse inside the school complete with a cool little slide. The finished rope bridge is a total bouncy hit with the kids.
Thanks to the Extreme Team and the hundreds of volunteers who pitched in, the Lighthouse School will continue to be a beacon of hope for the entire community. Welcome home, Lighthouse School. Welcome home.