The Grammy-winning R'n'B artist is joined by Lana Del Rey and The Black Keys as international category winners at the British music awards.
R'n'B superstar Frank Ocean leads the American acts that walked away with trophies at the 2013 Brit Awards held on Wednesday, February 20 at London's famed O2 Arena. Winning the international male solo artist award, he was joined by Lana Del Rey and The Black Keys who both also won in the international category, as female solo artist and best group, respectively.
The night was a cross section of global music superstars, from American Taylor Swift singing her hit single "I Knew You Were Trouble" to Justin Timberlake, who performed his new single "Mirrors" for the first time. Of course the Brits would not be upstaged. Global Success Award recipient One Direction dished out their charity single "One Way or Another".
English folk rock band Mumford & Sons, who recently bagged the big Album of the Year Award at the recently concluded Grammys, won the British Group trophy. Another Grammy winner, Adele, edged out fourteen other acts for the British Single award for her James Bond flick theme song "Skyfall".
Among the night's big winners were Emeli Sande and Ben Howard, who each won two awards. Sande won for Best British Female Solo Artist and British Album of the Year for "Our Version of Events" while Howard won for Best British Male Solo Artist and British Breakthrough Act. Coldplay walked home with the British Live Act trophy.
2013 BRIT Awards Complete Winners List
- British Breakthrough Act: Ben Howard
- British Female Solo Artist: Emeli Sande
- British Group: Mumford & Sons
- British Live Act: Coldplay
- British Male Solo Artist: Ben Howard
- BRITs Global Success Award: One Direction
- British Producer of the Year: Paul Epworth
- Special Recognition Award: War Child UK
- Critics' Choice Award :Tom Odell
- International Group: The Black Keys
- International Female Solo Artist: Lana Del Rey
- International Male Solo Artist: Frank Ocean
- British Single: Adele "Skyfall"
- British Album of the Year: Emeli Sande - "Our Version of Events"