September 14, 2012 17:14:10 GMT
The Duchess has filed a lawsuit against French magazine Closer which editor insisted that the pictures are not degrading like Prince Harry's.
Kate Middleton and the Royal family will not stay still about the Duchess' topless photos which will be published by a French magazine. A representative of the St. James Palace has released a statement, saying "legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France" by Middleton and her husband Prince William.
As previously reported, photos of Middleton and William on vacation in Province last week were snapped by a photographer. The previews show her taking off her bikini top and rubbing her husband's back with sunscreen among others. Closer, the magazine, promised to present more revealing pictures of "the future Queen of England as you've never seen before."
The Royal Family which has been plagued by Prince Harry's naked photo scandal, released a statement soon after Closer's announcement. "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner," they said.
In a defending manner, the mag's editor Laurence Pieau told AFP, "These photos are not in the least shocking. They show a young woman sunbathing topless, like the millions of women you see on beaches." She also said she refused to publish "more intimate" photos of the couple.
She added, "One shouldn't dramatize these pictures. The reaction has been a little disproportionate. It is a young couple that has just been married. They are in love. They are beautiful. She is the princess of the 21st century. These are pictures that are full of joy. They are not degrading. Similarities have been drawn with the pictures of Harry. They are not similar. These are not degrading."