"The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" is still in the middle of filming and editing for season 2 when Russell Armstrong was found dead in an apparent suicide. While executives from Bravo have yet to make any decision regarding the fate of the series, words are coming in that there won't be any camera rolling during his funeral.
Inside sources informed TMZ that " everyone realizes Russell's death will make the show more dramatic and watchable", but they do not want to push the envelope too far. It is said that all agreed that they won't tape his funeral services though Bravo is still figuring out how much footage with Taylor Armstrong's estranged husband will be shown in the upcoming season.
In the meantime, it is suggested that season 2 premiere of the reality series is facing some delay because of Russell's suicide. According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), the season premiere that was scheduled for September 5 will be pushed back a week or more. A spokesperson for Bravo, however, insisted that no decision on the premiere has been made.
Words are, there are also thoughts of scrapping the season altogether. "People are concerned about being associated with the show and his passing," so said a source. Still, the source added that Bravo haven't made any plan to cancel the season entirely, and are more likely to do some re-editing of the episodes.
THR additionally noted that cast members have met executives from Bravo and producer Evolution Entertainment on Tuesday, August 16 in Los Angeles to discuss the fate of the series.
Russell was found dead inside his bedroom at his friend's Los Angeles home, where he had been staying, last Monday night, August 15. His death has been ruled as suicide by hanging, and Los Angeles Chief Coroner Investigator Harvey Craig have told E! News that the 47-year-old's body was found more than 24 hours after he killed himself.