January 08, 2010 07:46:15 GMT
Eva Mendes' character Roxanne Simpson and helmer Mark Steven Johnson will not be involved in this 'Ghost Rider' sequel, while David Goyer may take the directing duty.
Michael De Luca recently sat down with Collider to discuss "Ghost Rider" sequel. Assuring that the film is moving ahead with a high speed, the producer of the first film has shared some updates on the status of the upcoming movie.
In contrary to Nicolas Cage who is attached to "Ghost Rider 2", Eva Mendes is not going to be involved in this next movie as the filmmaker said, "Roxanne [Mendes' character] is not a part of the sequel." Similar to the actress, director Mark Steven Johnson will not return to the second film.
Later, De Luca revealed that he has talked personally to David Goyer about the possibility of him taking the directing job. However, De Luca noted, "A lot depends on his schedule and a lot depends on where we are when the script comes in,...but I think we'll know more after we read the draft."
Additionally, De Luca revealed that Goyer has delivered an updated outline to Columbia Pictures and if everything goes as it is planned, the follow-up to "Ghost Rider" can set the cameras to roll out before the end of this year. The shooting itself is planned to take place in Europe as previously suggested by Cage.
The filmmaker further revealed that this sequel is tentatively called "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance". It will be made for PG-13 rating and could get 3-D treatment. Moreover, De Luca told Collider the second installment will be like "pushing the reset button" on the franchise.
"Ghost Rider" is adapted from Gary Friedrich and Mike Ploog's comic books. The first film, which centers on stunt rider Johnny Blaze who becomes a bounty hunter of rogue demons called Ghost Rider at night, has earned total worldwide gross of $228.7 million since it was released in 2007.