2008 ICM Awards listed George Strait, Tracy Lawrence, and Del Way among others as the awards' winners.
At the grand ceremony of this year's Inspirational Country Music Awards, Tracy Lawrence won "Inspirational Video of the Year" for his "Till I Was a Daddy Too" off his 2007 "For the Love" LP. Joining Lawrence as the awards' winner was George Strait, who took home a prize after winning "Mainstream Inspirational Song of the Year" for his current single "I Saw God Today" taken from the singer's "Troubadour" effort.
Other big winners announced on October-16 ceremony were Del Way who won "Male Vocalist" and Sonya Isaacs who took home "Female Vocalist" for the second straight year. Meanwhile, Ricky Skaggs was announced as "Musician of the Year" and along with his wife's vocal group The Whites, Skaggs won "Mainstream Country Artist of the Year" and "Inspirational Bluegrass Artist".
Hosted by Collin Raye, the 14th annual award show was held at Trinity Music City U.S.A. The Isaacs opened the show with stunning "Mamma's Teaching Angels How to Sing" as a tribute to the late Dottie Rambo. The big night continues with Raye's live performance of "Helping Hands" and Lawrence singing "The Book You've Never Read."
Next performance at the event was from Greg McDougal singing "Loving You" that featured Tammy Cochran. The star-studded performances were also added with appearances from Point of Grace, Way, CrossCountry The Band, Russ Murphy, Sandra Dee, James Payne, Last Light Band, Mike Rimmey, Tommy Brandt, and Austin's Bridge. More Details of show highlights and TV airtimes and dates can be found on the awards' official website.
Full winners of 2008 ICM Awards:
- CrossCountry the Band as Entertainer of the Year
- Del Way as Male Vocalist
- Sonya Isaacs as Female Vocalist
- Bellamy Brothers as Vocal Duo
- Last Light Band as Vocal Group or Band
- George Strait's "I Saw God Today" as Mainstream Inspirational Country Song
- Ricky Skaggs & The Whites as Mainstream Country Artist
- Branded's "Heroes" as Christian Country Song
- Russ Murphy as Songwriter
- Dennis Agajanian as Legend / Pioneer Award
- Tracy Lawrence's "Till I Was a Daddy Too" music video as Inspirational Video of the Year
- Danny Ray Harris as New Artist
- Ricky Skaggs as Musician of the Year
- Barry McGee as Comedy Act
- Robby Lynn as Radio Personality
- WJCR - Upton, KY as Radio Station
- Ricky Skaggs & The Whites as Inspirational Bluegrass Artist
- The Springs as Youth In Music Award
- James Payne as Music Evangelist of the Year
- Facing The Giants as Faith, Family, & Country Movie
- Trinity Broadcast Network as Television Network