Star John C. Reilly will tour around the States in character as Dewey Cox with his fictional band The Hard Walkers throughout December 5-19, 2007.
Making a novel promotional campaign for its upcoming biopic parody "Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story", Columbia Pictures is going to send leading star John C. Reilly to go on tour across the U.S. in character as the fictional rock 'n' roll icon Dewey Cox.
The concert series, labeled "Cox Across America Tour", kicks off Wednesday, December 5, 2007 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and finds Reilly's Cox performing live with his band, The Hard Walkers. Songs performed will be from the movie's soundtrack album of the same name which is now available in stores and online.
The tour will run through selected seven cities up to Wednesday, December 19, 2007 to support the December 21 opening of the unconventional comedy. Each show will be preceded by a special screening of the film, produced by "Knocked Up" maker Judd Apatow.
Tickets will be made available through local radio promotions in each of the markets where Cox and his band are performing. To reserve online, go to Walkhard-movie.com.
Dewey Cox & The Hard Walkers' "Cox Across America Tour" schedule:
- 12/05 - Cleveland, OH - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- 12/06 - Chicago, IL - The Cubby Bear
- 12/07 - Austin, TX - Stubb's
- 12/08 - Nashville - TN Mercy Lounge
- 12/10 - San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
- 12/13 - Los Angeles, CA - Guitar Center on Sunset Blvd
- 12/19 - New York, NY - The Knitting Factory