AceShowbiz - Trey Songz is facing yet another sexual assault lawsuit. The embattling musician is sued by a woman, who claims that he grabbed and exposed her breast at a pool party after she merely tried to get a picture with him.
In the suit, which was filed on Thursday, June 1, the woman, who is using the Jane Doe pseudonym to protect her privacy, states the alleged assault happened in August at the Foxwoods Resort in Connecticut. She is demanding $10 million for sexual battery and assault.
In a video of the incident, the woman was excitedly filming herself and Trey, who was standing next to her. He was then seen grabbing the woman's bathing suit top, pulling it and exposing her breast. "In what appeared to be an attempt to further terrify and humiliate [the woman], [Trey Songz] followed the assault with a degrading chant, 'Titty in The Open … Titty in The Open,' " the lawsuit states.
The woman is suing Trey, his production company, record exec Kevin Liles and Atlantic Records over the 2013 incident. She claims that they were "negligent in their supervision of their client" and thus responsible for his actions.
"Entities such as Atlantic Records and key executives like Kevin Liles must reassess their obligations toward ensuring the safety and dignity of everyone at any event associated with their artists," the accuser's attorney George Vrabeck told Rolling Stone. "My client demands transparency, accountability, and a prioritization of safety over profits."
The woman reportedly demanded $5 million from Trey to make the case "go away," an offer which he subsequently refused.
An attorney for the "Say Aah" singer has also responded to the lawsuit. Michael Freedman told TMZ, "This is yet another example of decade-old allegations being repurposed into a federal case to take advantage of California’s constitutionally questionable new look back window. We look forward to vindicating Trey on the merits in court."
Trey has previously been accused of raping a woman at a Los Angeles house party back in 2016. In April 2022, the case was dismissed because the statute of limitations ran out. The woman under the alias of Jane Doe filed a new $25 million lawsuit against the 38-year-old singer in February of this year.