Donald Trump Jr. Slammed for Mocking Paul Pelosi Attack With Halloween Costume Post
Instagram/AP
Celebrity

The son former President Donald Trump is under fire for his 'tasteless' and crude jokes that appear to mock the attack on the 82-year-old husband of House of Representatives speaker Nancy Pelosi.

AceShowbiz - Donald Trump Jr. is trending on Twitter for the wrong reason. The eldest child of Donald Trump has caught the heat after appearing to make light of the violent home invasion against Paul Pelosi, the husband of Speaker Nancy Pelosi, last week.

Just in time for Halloween, Donald Trump Jr. posted crude jokes that appear to mock the attack on the 82-year-old businessman. On Sunday, October 30, he retweeted a picture of a piece of underwear and a hammer that was captioned, "Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready."

The executive vice president of the Trump Organization captioned his own tweet, "OMG. The internet remains undefeated…" He added, "Also if you switch out the hammer for a red feather boa you could be Hunter Biden in an instant."

The 44-year-old also posted a salacious "South Park" meme with characters from the TV show, including one holding a hammer. However, he claimed, "This has nothing at all to do with anything going on in the news and simply posting a cartoon of what appears to be an altered South Park scene."

Despite his explanation, many social media users have slammed Donald Trump Jr. for his "tasteless" jokes. "What joy is there mocking the beating of an 82yr old man," one of the critics said. Another weighed in, "This is so sickening on so many levels."

A third user blasted the former TV presenter, "Nah he dead wrong for this." A fourth person said, "Such ill intentions pure disgusting," while another remarked, "this not even funny." Someone else called out the older brother of Ivana Trump, "that's actually sick ... like who does a costume like that?"

Paul Pelosi was attacked in his San Francisco home on Friday, October 28 by a hammer-wielding man, who reportedly shouted, "Where is Nancy?" When police arrived, they found the assailant tussling with Paul over a hammer before the attacker began beating him with it.

Paul underwent a successful surgery to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands, and he is expected to make a full recovery. Nancy said in a statement following the attack, "Sadly a violent man broke into our family home yesterday morning, demanded to confront me and brutally attacked my husband Paul. Our children, our grandchildren and I are heartbroken and traumatized by the life threatening attack on our Pop."

"We are grateful for the quick response of law enforcement and emergency services and for the life-saving medical care he is receiving," she added. "Please know that your prayers and warm wishes are a comfort to our family and helping Paul make progress with his recovery. His condition continues to improve."

The assailant, who has been identified as 42-year-old David DePape, has been charged with one count of attempted kidnapping of a U.S. official for his alleged plan to hold Nancy hostage and also was charged with one count of assault of an immediate family member of a U.S. official with the intent to retaliate against the official.

On Monday, Donald Trump condemned the attack, calling it "a terrible thing." The former president said, "Look at what's happened to San Francisco generally. Look at what's happening in Chicago. It was far worse than Afghanistan."

You can share this post!

You might also like
Related Posts