Ludacris' Manager Chaka Zulu Arrested and Charged With Murder Over Atlanta Shooting

The 52-year-old, born Ahmed Obafemi, reportedly turned himself in on September 13 after he was involved in a shooting that took place at a Peachtree Hills shopping center in the city's Buckhead neighborhood in June.

AceShowbiz - Ludacris' manager is facing serious legal trouble. Chaka Zulu has been taken into police custody and charged with murder over a shooting at an Atlanta restaurant that left one person dead.

The 52-year-old, whose real name is Ahmed Obafemi, reportedly turned himself in on Tuesday, September 13. He has been charged with murder, aggravated Assault, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, and simple battery.

However, according to Fulton County Jail records, Zulu was then let go from jail on the same day after posting a $200,000 bond. It remains to be seen when he will make a court appearance.

Zulu was one of three people shot on June 26. The incident took place at a Peachtree Hills shopping center in the city's Buckhead neighborhood around 11:35 P.M. According to local Atlanta station WXIA, one of the men died at a local hospital. The Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office later identified the 23-year-old man as Artez Benton from Scottdale.

Of the shooting, the Atlanta Police Department stated on its website, "Upon arrival, officers located three adult males with gunshot wounds. The victims were transported to the hospital where one of them was later pronounced deceased. Homicide investigators responded to the scene to begin investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident." Meanwhile, Police Lt. Germain Dearlove told local news media that the shooting was the "result of a dispute in the parking lot."

Responding to the charges, Zulu's attorney said in a statement, "Mr. Chaka Zulu, a beloved son of the City of Atlanta, is disappointed in the Atlanta Police Department’s decision to bring charges against him surrounding the shooting that occurred in June 2022." The lawyer added, "A close review of all of the evidence, including the surveillance footage and eyewitness interviews, reveals that Mr. Zulu was attacked and jumped from behind by a gang of at least four (4) individuals (sadly including the decedent) and was forced to defend himself after this gang repeatedly stomped, punched, and kicked him while he was on the ground in a defenseless posture."

"Mr. Zulu was shot in the back during the shooting and nearly lost his life, and is still recovering from the nearly fatal injuries he sustained that evening," the statement added. "Mr. Zulu was at his place of business that night and had every right to defend himself. In an attempt to save his life, Mr. Zulu lawfully discharged his weapon in self-defense, a weapon that he is licensed to carry."

"Mr. Zulu fully cooperated with law enforcement officials and their investigation, and voluntarily turned himself in once he learned of the arrest warrants. Mr. Zulu remains confident that his name will be cleared of all charges through the judicial process," it continued. "It is not lost on Mr. Zulu that someone lost his life, but had Mr. Zulu not lawfully defended himself, Mr. Zulu would have been killed that night."

You can share this post!

You might also like
Related Posts