AceShowbiz - Ricky Martin has no ill feelings toward his nephew despite his "painful" accusations. After the latter withdrew incest allegations against him, the "Livin' La Vida Loca" hitmaker said he wishes the best for the nephew.
"I really need to talk in order for me to start my healing process," the 50-year-old stated in a video, explaining he's been unable to speak out for two weeks due to Puerto Rican law. "Thank God these claims were proven to be false, but I'm going to tell you the truth."
"It has been so painful, it has been devastating for me, for my family, for my friends. I don't wish this on anybody," he added. "To the person that was claiming this nonsense, I wish him the best and I wish that he finds the help so he can start a new life filled with love and truth and joy and he doesn't hurt anybody else."
The Grammy winner, who previously denied the allegations, went on to note that he will "heal" through music. "I cannot wait to be back in front of the cameras and entertain, which is what I do best," he said, before thanking his friends and fans "who always believed in me."
Ricky's nephew, who claimed he was stalked by the crooner after ending their seven-month romantic relationship, withdrew his claim in court on Thursday, July 21. Upon hearing the news, the Puerto Rican artist wrote on Twitter, "Truth prevails."
Martin also attached a statement from his attorneys, which read, "Just as we had anticipated, the temporary protection order was not extended by the Court." It added, "The accuser confirmed to the court that his decision to dismiss the matter was his alone, without any outside influence or pressure, and the accuser confirmed he was satisfied with his legal representation in the matter."
"The request came from the accuser asking to dismiss the case. This was never anything more than a troubled individual making false allegations with absolutely nothing to substantiate them," it continued. "We are glad that our client saw justice done and can now move forward with his life and career."