AceShowbiz - R. Kelly has reportedly been ordered to get sexual disorder treatment when he is eventually released from prison. The "I Believe I Can Fly" hitmaker, who will be in his 80s if he serves his full 30-year sentence for sex abuse, was allegedly told to undergo counselling for an "unspecified sexual disorder" when he is freed.
The shamed R'n'B singer, according to TMZ, was also said by the outlet to have been ordered by sentencing judge Ann M. Donnelly to avoid all contact with anyone aged under 18 and inform anyone choosing to live with him he is a sex offender on being freed.
TMZ added the only way he will be allowed to be around someone under 18 when he is out of prison is if it is a family member, or it's in a therapeutic setting with a "responsible adult" present. The same terms apparently apply if he ever associates with other convicted sex offenders.
All the scenarios are said to be reliant on permission from Kelly's probation officer, with Kelly remaining under supervised release for five years once he gets out.
It came after it was reported Kelly's net worth is said to have plunged to "negative $2 million." Celebrity Net Worth estimates the shamed singer is far beyond broke, with a balance the equivalent of negative £1.65 million.
The 55-year-old will face a second trial in August on charges he possessed child sexual abuse images. His scheduled hearing will be the second time he faces allegations linked to such images after he was previously acquitted in 2008 on similar charges.
Kelly, whose real name is Robert Sylvester Kelly, has pleaded not guilty. The singer was sentenced on Wednesday, June 29 to 30 years in prison at the U.S. District Court in New York for masterminding a scheme to entice and sexually exploit young aspiring singers and underage children. It followed his conviction in 2021 by a jury on multiple counts of racketeering, relating to bribery and forced labor.
The musician was also found to have violated anti-sex trafficking law, the Mann Act. Sentencing, Judge Donnelly said Kelly had used his "minions" to "lure young fans into your orbit." The singer, who denied all charges and plans to appeal his 30-year sentence, was found guilty on all nine counts against him after a six-week trial in Brooklyn and did not appear to react as his sentence was passed.