AceShowbiz - New edition of Jennifer Garner's "Pretend Cooking Show" nearly went extremely wrong. In the latest episode of her beloved Instagram show on Wednesday, December 29, she "almost lit the kitchen on fire" while she was making Ina Garten's beef bourguignon recipe from the "Barefoot Contessa" star's 2004 book, "Barefoot in Paris".
In the footage, the "13 Going on 30" actress tried to burn off the Cognac she had added to the pot. That would be no problem if the "Alias" alum's didn't double Garten's recipe to a half of cup of the brandy and lit it all at once. Almost immediately, the alcohol burst into a ball of fire. Flames even almost hit the ceiling of the star's kitchen.
"A thousand pardons," Garner quipped while visibly shocked. As she watched the flame die down, the ex-wife of Ben Affleck went on to say, "Don't double the Cognac." The mom of three later added, "Can you believe that just happened? That was wild!"
In the caption, meanwhile, Garner wrote, "The thing about traditions-all you do to give them meaning is keep them. I don't know when I started making @inagarten's beef bourguignon (from Barefoot in Paris) for Christmas, it was long enough ago that the smell of this perfect stew makes me feel happy, cozy, and relaxed (until I almost lit the kitchen on fire-Ina would never!). Maybe this will make sense for your New Year's Eve, but wherever this weekend takes you."
Concluding her message, the actress wished her followers "a healthy, a joyful, and a peaceful New Year."
Her post caught wind of Garten's attention. The Food Network personality assured Garner that she wasn't the only one experiencing the mishap. "I almost set the kitchen on fire every time!" the chef said. To that, Garner replied, "Happy New Year!!! Love you."
Doubling the Cognac apparently wasn't the only adjustment that Garner did for her beef bourguignon. "I don't love onions and I'm the chef so, I don't put all the onions in," she explained. "As Tabitha Brown would say, 'That's my business!' "