David Arquette Had Heart Attack Prior to Wrestling Return, Sister Patricia Reveals
WENN/Brian To
Celebrity

During an appearance on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show', Patricia Arquette talks about her actor brother's decision to do pro-wrestling and spills why she refuses to watch his matches.

AceShowbiz - David Arquette suffered a heart attack just before he launched a pro-wrestling career last year (2018), according to his concerned sister.

Oscar winner Patricia Arquette can't watch her brother in the wrestling ring because she is terrified he'll get seriously injured - or worse.

"It is scary, you know, I mean he's older now," Patricia said during a recent taped appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show". "He had a heart attack and now he's wrestling...! (It happened) a year ago... a year-and-a-half ago."

"It really scares me, so I actually don't watch the matches because it would terrify me too much."

David's sister isn't the only one who is worried for the actor's wellbeing - fans were left shocked and startled when his Deathmatch bout against Nick Gage in November (2018) turned into a blood bath after a piece of broken glass found its way into his neck.

At one point during the fight, Gage had Arquette on all fours in the ring and smashed light tubes on the actor's head. One of the shards of glass left David with a gash on his neck, clearly upsetting both fighters, and the actor needed medical attention after the bout.

But Arquette brushed off the incident, tweeting out an update to fans shortly after the fight.

"Thank you to all the fans for your love I'm a stitched up," he wrote beside a photo of one of his tattoos, which had been scratched in the fight. "Turns out Death Matches aren't my thing."

Talking to reporters at People.com after he was discharged from hospital, David admitted he almost died in the ring.

"I'm lucky to be alive," he said. "If I had been cut in the jugular, I probably wouldn't be here right now... I got cut and started seeing dripping blood and I panicked. I turned around too quickly and the end of a broken bulb got me in my neck. It was gruesome."

You can share this post!

Related Posts