AceShowbiz - "Thor: The Dark World" didn't get as much love from critics as other Marvel movies when it was released in 2013. And now Chris Hemsworth, the Thor depicter himself, admits he doesn't love the movie either.
In a new interview with GQ, the Australian hunk says, "The first one ['Thor'] is good, the second one is meh." He explains why the sequel failed to impress, "What masculinity was, the classic archetype - it just all starts to feel very familiar. I was so aware that we were right on the edge."
The 35-year-old actor previously admitted that after playing the character in four Marvel movies, including "The Avengers" series, he had grown "bored" with his portrayal of the hammer-wielding God of Thunder. So, under the direction of Taika Waititi, they decided to try a different approach for the third movie.
"We all had, I think, the same want and need and passion to change this up in a big way," Hemsworth said on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" last October. "I remember meeting with [director Taika Waititi] and he said 'let's just break everything we know and destroy it and rebuild it' ... every day was about exploring the unknown and trying something different. I had got pretty bored of myself as that character, and so did he, and maybe a few people out there. So we thought, 'let's do something different.' And every day was improvised and a journey into somewhere we hadn't been before."
The result was a critically-acclaimed "Thor: Ragnarok", which shows Thor's lighter side. It is the third and final installment of the "Thor" film series, but Hemsworth will reprise his role as the God of Thunder in "Avengers 4", which is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on May 3, 2019.
The "The Huntsman: Winter's War" star has said that he hopes to continue playing the Marvel superhero though his contract ends with "Avengers 4".