Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein Amidst Sexual Abuse Claims


Lindsay Lohan Defends Harvey Weinstein Amidst Sexual Abuse Claims


'I feel very bad for' him, 'he's never harmed me or did anything to me,' the former Disney star says, adding that the disgraced producer's wife needs to 'take a stand and be there' for him.
While numerous celebrities have come forward to speak up against Harvey Weinstein in the wake of his sexual harassment allegations, actress Lindsay Lohan has chosen to come to his defense instead. In now-deleted posts on Instagram Stories, the 31-year-old actress said the movie mogul was being treated unfairly.

"Hi, this is Lindsay Lohan," she began in the first clip. "I'm in Dubai, I'm home, and I feel very bad for Harvey Weinstein right now, I don't think it's right what's going on." Appearing in the second clip in a black-and-white filter, along with a halo-clad smiley sticker with "Harvey" written above it, she continued. "He's never harmed me or did anything to me - we've done several movies together. I think everyone needs to stop - I think it's wrong. So stand up."

Lindsay, who starred in "Bobby" and "Scary Movie 5", both of which were distributed by The Weinstein Company, also called out Georgina Chapman, who announced on Tuesday, October 10 that she's leaving her husband of ten years, Weinstein. The former Disney star said that Chapman needed to "take a stand and be there for her husband." The videos were removed soon after they're posted on the social media feature.



Chapman said that she's chosen to leave Weinstein as she needs time away from him to take care of their kids, 7-year-old India Pearl and 4 year-old Max Robert. "My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions," the 41-year-old fashion designer said in a statement. "I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time."

‚ÄčIn a statement released by his spokesperson, Weinstein said, "I support her decision, I am in counseling and perhaps, when I am better, we can rebuild." The 65-year-old producer, who has been married to Chapman since 2007, went on saying that "over the last week, there has been a lot of pain for my family that I take responsibility for."

"I sat down with my wife Georgina, who I love more than anything, and we discussed what was best for our family. We discussed the possibility of a separation and I encouraged her to do what was in her heart," he continued, before adding, "I understand, I love her and I love our children and hopefully, when I am better, I will be in their lives again."


MORE FROM NEWS
Leave a Comment

Required fields are marked with *

  random image