AceShowbiz - Another Fox News anchor is losing his job over sexual harassment allegations. Fox News Channel has announced that it parted ways with Eric Bolling, who had been suspended amid investigation into allegations that he sent lewd photos to female colleagues.
"Fox News Channel is canceling 'The Specialists', and Eric Bolling and Fox have agreed to part ways amicably," a spokesperson for the network said on Friday, September 8. "We thank Eric for his ten years of service to our loyal viewers and wish him the best of luck."
On the same day, Fox News reinstated Fox Business host Charles Payne who had been suspended pending a sexual harassment investigation. He was cleared from the allegations. Payne will return to his nightly program "Making Money" on Friday night. The law firm Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison are handling investigations into both claims.
Bolling was suspended on August 5 after the Huffington Post reported that Bolling had sent unsolicited photos of male genitalia to three female colleagues. The messages were reportedly sent several years ago on separate occasions.
Responding to the allegations, Bolling's attorney Michael J. Bowe said, "Mr. Bolling recalls no such inappropriate communications, does not believe he sent any such communications, and will vigorously pursue his legal remedies for any false and defamatory accusations that are made."
Fox News has been rocked by sexual harassment scandal over the past year. Last year, former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes resigned after former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson filed a lawsuit accusing him of sexual harassment. Other female anchors later stepped forward with similar allegations against Ailes.
Last April, report emerged that Bill O'Reilly and Fox News had quietly reached multiple settlements of sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior by the network's primetime star. He was forced out two weeks later.