AceShowbiz - Mel Gibson will not be charged over an alleged scuffle with a female photographer in Sydney, Australia. New South Wales police said in a statement, "At this stage, based on the evidence gathered, no formal action will be taken." Mel's lawyer Christopher Murphy was informed of the police decision on Thursday, September 3.
Mel's publicists Rogers and Cowan said the star of "The Expendables 3" was "satisfied" at the police's decision. "Mel Gibson has totally denied from the onset these disgraceful allegations," the publicists said in a statement. "He is now satisfied that the police, after speaking to witnesses and reviewing CCTV footage and other evidence, have found there is no substance to the claim."
News Corp Australia photographer Kristi Miller previously claimed Mel shoved, spat and shouted at her when she was trying to take photographs of the actor and his girlfriend Rosalind Ross outside the Palace Verona cinema in Paddington on August 23.
"I took a photo of Mel and his girlfriend and when I turned around he shoved my back really hard," the photographer claimed, "It shocked me because I wasn't expecting it. I don't know if it was his hands or elbow. He was spitting in my face as he was yelling at me, calling me a dog, saying I'm not even a human being and I will go to hell." Kristi also said Rosalind tried to calm Mel down and even apologized to the photographer.
Mel's publicist Alan Nierob later denied Kristi's story, telling Guardian Australia, "Basically Mr Gibson and his friend were being harassed by this photographer and he asked her repeatedly to stop, which she did not. There was never any physical contact whatsoever and the story being told by her is a complete fabrication of the truth."