if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
R. Kelly Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> R. Kelly
> R. Kelly Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer
- Birth Name : Robert Sylvester Kelly
- Birth Date : January 08, 1967
- Birth Place : Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Spouse : Aaliyah (singer, 30-Aug-94 - 7-Feb-95) (annulled), Andrea Lee (former back-up dancer, 1996 - 2009)
- Claim to Fame : Single "I Believe I Can Fly" (1996)
- Composed a charity song for Virginia Tech victims' families titled "Rise Up" in May 2007.
- Admitted to Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami on Feb 4, 2007 and underwent surgery to have his appendix removed.
- Writes, arranges, and produces all of his own songs.
- Frequently collaborates with Ronald Isley.
- Won the Soul-R&B Male Artist Award at the 2005 American Music Awards.
- Nabbed the Reelest Video award at the 3rd annual VIBE Awards held in November 2005 for "Trapped in the Closet" (Chapters 1-5).
- Has been voted the 9th Celebrity with Biggest Ego in a poll conducted by Teen People in October 2005.
- Collaborated with rapper Jay-Z on the albums "The Best of Both Worlds" (2002) and "Unfinished Business" (2004).
- His short-time wife Aaliyah died in a plane crash on August 25, 2001.
- Becoming the singer who had the most top ten singles in America during the 90's.
- A children book titled "Can Fly! The R. Kelly Story," which is based on R. Kelly's tale, is being re-released after it first came out in 1998.
- By 1994, as producer, his debut was singer Aaliyah with the songs "Back and Forth" and "Age Ain't Nothin' But a Number."
- Wrote and released an exclusive song about his court battle to a local radio station.
- Has sold over 24 million albums worlwide.
- Was the frontman of R&B singing group Public Announcement.
- Started his music career as a street performer.
- He frequently wears a "zorro" mask.
- People usually name him The Pied Piper or Kells.
- He's been released from prison with $750,000 bail after being charged with 21 counts of producing child pornography.
- His mother, Joanne Kelly, died in 1993.
- He was arrested and charged with child pornography when a tape allegedly showing him having intercourse with an under-age girl was spread on the internet.
- He used to be the producer for Changing Faces, Sparkle and Kelly Price.
- His marriage with the late Aaliyah was anulled considering she was only 15.
- His music mentor, Lena McLin, has inspired him to become a singer.