if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Kelly Clarkson Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Kelly Clarkson
> Kelly Clarkson Trivia
- Famous as : Singer
- Birth Name : Kelly Brianne Clarkson
- Birth Date : April 24, 1982
- Birth Place : Fort Worth, Texas, USA
- Spouse : Brandon Blackstock (talent manager, since 20-Oct-13)
- Claim to Fame : Winner of "American Idol" 1st season
- Ranked 5th on Mr. Blackwell's 48th Annual Worst Dressed Women List, released on January 8, 2008.
- Suffered from an eating disorder after missing out on a role in her high school musical.
- Her "Sweet Escape Tour" lost sponsorship from Verizon Wireless when her tour companion Akon caught in explicit dancing controversy.
- Was back on American Idol stage for a charity programe "Idol Gives Back" on April 25, 2007 singing Patty Griffin's "Up to the Mountain (MLK Song)" with Jeff Beck.
- Inked a deal to be part of the 2007 NASCAR team.
- Her album "Breakaway" topped the 2005's global charts at No. 6.
- Wins the 3rd place in the list of "Top 10 Best-Selling Albums of 2005" with her set "Breakaway" sold for 3.5 million copies.
- Sang a cover of Ray LaMontagne's "Shelter" from a Los Angeles studio set during a live broadcast of ReAct Now: Music & Relief held on September 10, 2005.
- Turned out to be the first artist to have both of her songs, "Since U Been Gone" and "Behind These Hazel Eyes," included in the top three of Billboard's Pop 100 Airplay Chart at the same time.
- Single "Breakaway" was co-written by Avril Lavigne and was included in the soundtrack of "Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement" (2004).
- Has become the first artist to reach #1 on Mainstream Top 40 and Adult Contemporary Charts during the same week with 2 different songs, "Breakaway" and "Since U Been Gone," in the Billboard Radio Monitor era.
- Was nominated for Best New Pop/Rock Artist at the 2003 American Music Awards.
- Her hit song, "Miss Independent," was co-written by Christina Aguilera.
- Her first single, "A Moment Like This," broke The Beatles' record of being the biggest-ever leap to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 as it soared from #52 to #1.
- Her favorite TV programs besides "American Idol" (2002) are "Friends" (1994-2004), "Will & Grace" (1998), and " The Cosby Show" (1984-1992).
- Her used bottle of water from her concert at Omaha has been offered to the bid on the e-Bay online auction site in April 2005.
- Was mentioned as one of the "Hottest 25 Stars Under 25" according to Teen People Magazine in 2005.
- Has collected two AOL Awards as she won the Hottest Song category for "The Trouble with Love Is" in 2004 and the Best Musical Buddy category in 2005.
- Won two New Music Weekly Awards held in 2004 in the categories of Female Artist Of The Year and Top 40 Single Of The Year for "Miss Independent."
- Was granted a BDS Certified Spin Award in the category of 50,000 Spins for "Low" by 2003.
- Was number two in the first World Idol competition held in 2003 as she lost to Norwegian Idol, Kurt Nilsen.
- Has a lucky charm which is a gift from "Idol" judge, Paula Abdul, of a silver bracelet inscribed with the words "Own the Power."
- Performed the National Anthem at The Day of Service on September 11, 2002 in Washington D.C.
- Drank olive oil before going to the stage on the final episode of "American Idol" to cool off her strained vocal cords.
- Took part in a musical production of "Brigadoon" during her study at high school.
- Her audition number on "American Idol" was 2311.
- Once took job at Hollywood Theatres in Burleson, Texas.
- Stayed up all night before going to the "American Idol" audition so she wouldn't sleep through the alarm.
- Had worked at a comedy club in Arlington, Texas and at Hyena's Comedy Club in Downtown Fort Worth, Texas as a cocktail waitress.
- Loved to wear a Mickey Mouse t-shirt when she was still a child.
- Is called Kellbell by her friends.
- The first concert she attended was Celine Dion's.
- Her favorite color is cobalt blue.
- Had her first crush at the age of 8.
- Drives an Acura MDX.
- Does not drink soda and chooses water instead.
- Has two dogs and a cat as her pets.
- Has a tattoo of a Japanese symbol which means "blessed" on the back of her neck and also that of a baby cross on her right wrist.
- Had a LASIK eye surgery to correct her vision.
- Her favorite songs are Des'ree's "Kissing You" and Phil Collins' "Against All Odds."
- Is called Mariah Kelly, after Mariah Carey, by her step father, Jimmy Taylor.
- Her favorite singers include Reba McEntire, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, and No Doubt.
- Has a mixed blood of Greek, Irish and German, but considers herself mostly Greek for being half Greek and able to speak Greek language fluently.
- Initially wanted to be a marine biologist, but changed her mind after watching the movie of "Jaws" (1975).