if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Antonio Banderas Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Antonio Banderas
> Antonio Banderas Trivia
- Famous as : Actor
- Birth Name : Jose Antonio Dominguez Banderas
- Birth Date : August 10, 1960
- Birth Place : Malaga, Andalucia, Spain
- Spouse : Ana Leza (actress, 27-Jul-87 - 1996), Melanie Griffith (actress, 14-May-96 - 4-Dec-15)
- Claim to Fame : As El Mariachi in "Desperado" (1995)
- Lent his name to scent maker Puig Beauty U.S.A.'s Blue Seduction for Women and Blue Seduction for Men fragrances (June 2008).
- Earned a nomination at MTV Movie Awards for Most Desirable Male in 1996.
- Ranked #24 in the list of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History compiled by Empire Magazine in 1995.
- Got a Best Actor nomination at the 2003 Tony Awards for "Nine The Musical."
- Was one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World according to the U.S. edition of People Magazine in 1996.
- Directed the bathroom scene before the 2nd bar shootout in "Desperado" (1995) with the consent of Robert Rodriguez.
- Appeared together with former wife, Ana Leza, in "Philadelphia" (1993).
- Had to perform all his lines phonetically in "The Mambo Kings" (1992) since he hardly knew any English at that time.
- His marriage ceremony with Ana Leza at the Church of San Nicolas in Madrid was attended by Carmen Maura and Pedro Almodovar.
- His birthday is a day after Melanie Griffith's, so they usually celebrate it together.
- Speaks Spanish with Andalusian accent, but uses a standard Castilian one when acting even though almost all Spanish-speaking countries actually no longer apply this kind of accent.
- Is a supporter of Real Madrid soccer team.
- Born on the same day as Rosanna Arquette and Nicoletta Braschi.
- His surname means "flags" in Spanish.