AceShowbiz - Nicki Minaj's husband is required to participate in mediation with his accuser Jennifer Hough, who filed a lawsuit over an alleged rape incident back in 1994 when she was 16 years old. In new court documents, Kenneth Petty is ordered by the judge to settle the case.
Judge James R. Cho referred the case to mediation on Tuesday, December 6 and declared if both parties could not come to an agreement, the case would proceed to trial. "The case is referred to Court-annexed mediation," the judge noted in documents obtained by AllHipHop. "Parties to select a mediator by 12/20/2022 and complete mediation by 3/6/2023. Parties may participate in the mediation remotely."
"Parties shall file a joint status report two weeks after completing the mediation, but no later than 3/20/2023, whichever date is earlier," it added. It's also explained that both sides will engage in "limited written discovery that would facilitate settlement discussions."
The court also entered the pretrial schedule for the case on Tuesday. Automatic disclosures must be exchanged by January 9, 2023. All discovery, including expert depositions, needed to be completed by September 5, 2023.
In August last year, Jennifer accused Kenneth of trying to intimidate, harass and threaten her in an effort to make her recant her rape allegations against him. In addition to that, Jennifer sued Nicki, claiming the Trinidadian femcee took part in the harassment campaign.
However, in January of this year, Jennifer dropped the harassment lawsuit. "The case against Nicki was voluntarily dismissed. The case against Kenneth Petty is still ongoing. Stay tuned!" her lawyer Tyrone Blackburn said in a statement.
Then in August, Jennifer confessed that she was pressured to press charges against Kenneth. She also said that she's the one who wanted to drop the charges against him. "I said I wanted to drop charges because I had made a mistake. I was young," she said during an interview via video call.