The 62-year-old actor was initially cast in '1242: Gateway to the West', which charts the story of a holy man in a Hungarian castle who battles to stop Genghis Khan's armies sweeping Europe.

AceShowbiz - Kevin Spacey has reportedly pulled out of an upcoming film about Genghis Khan amid his latest sexual assault case. A producer on the movie, Bill Chamberlain, told Variety on Thursday, July 14 that the Oscar-winner is to be replaced, with another actor taking the role of the holy man in the Peter Soos-directed project.

The 62-year-old actor had been due to play the lead in an epic about the Mongol Empire warlord. He was cast in "1242: Gateway to the West", which charts the story of a holy man in a Hungarian castle who battles to stop Genghis Khan's armies sweeping Europe. Following his exit, negotiations are understood to be underway with a new lead who will be revealed later.

"The Usual Suspects" actor is facing four counts of sexual assault and one of "causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent" in the United Kingdom. He, however, denied the allegations after travelling from the United Stated to Britain to contest the allegations.

Spacey, on unconditional bail, appeared in court in London on Thursday, July 14 and pleaded not guilty to the five historical sexual assault charges, which stretch back 17 years. He had previously strongly denied the allegations made against him by three men, now in their 30s and 40s. He was told by Mr Justice Wall his trial will start on June 6, 2023. It is due to last three to four weeks.

The alleged offenses are said to have been committed in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013, when Spacey was artistic director of the Old Vic theatre, London. His charges include two counts of sexual assault on a man, now in his 40s, in March 2005 in London, as well as sexual assault on a man, who is now in his 30s, and causing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent in August 2008 in London.

There is also an allegation of sexual assault on a man, also now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire. Spacey's lawyer Patrick Gibbs QC has said the actor "strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case." He added the actor had returned to the UK to "establish his innocence" and "proceed with his life."

You can share this post!

You might also like
Related Posts