AceShowbiz - Johnny Depp's legal battle with his former lawyers will drag on for several more months as a judge has delayed their trial.
Johnny is suing his ex-attorney Jacob A. Bloom and his partners at the firm Bloom Hergott Diemer Rosenthal LaViolette Feldman Schenkman & Goodman for $30 million, alleging they committed, "professional malpractice, breach of fiduciary duty and unjust enrichment," while representing him.
The case was due to head to trial in May but their case will now drag on for four more months as a Los Angeles judge has pushed their court date back to September 16.
According to documents obtained by U.S. website The Blast, the reason the judge gave for the delay was to allow the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star more time to turn over financial information as the two sides have been battling over what documents need to be submitted to the court. They have also been warring over the depositions in the case.
In his ruling, the judge stated that a more "meticulous approach" was needed to untangle the 55-year-old actor's financial affairs and legal entanglements.
Johnny's current lawyer Adam Waldman told The Blast that part of his case against the firm is that his old legal team failed to turn over evidence during his 2017 divorce from Amber Heard that would have exonerated him from spousal abuse allegations. He is suing her for $50 million for defamation over the claims, which she withdrew after settling their split.
"Some of Mr. Depp's legal team then hid for nearly three years this exculpatory evidence from Mr. Depp that disproved the malicious hoax perpetrated against him by Amber Heard," Adam said. Her lawyers have denied his allegations she falsely accused him of domestic violence.
Johnny originally sued Jacob's firm in 2017, alleging they conspired with his former business managers to cheat him out of fortune. His legal dispute with his managers was settled last year (2018).