Kevin Spacey Seeks Treatment as He Faces More Allegations of Sexual Misconduct Toward Young Actors
Celebrity

The 58-year-old actor 'is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment' as more men have come forward with sexual assault accusations against him.

AceShowbiz - In light of multiple allegations of sexual misconduct against him, Kevin Spacey is now seeking evaluation and treatment. A representative for the Oscar-winning actor confirmed the news on Wednesday night, November 1.

In a statement to Variety, Spacey's representative said, "Kevin Spacey is taking the time necessary to seek evaluation and treatment." The spokesperson added, "No other information is available at this time."

Spacey's decision to seek treatment follows Anthony Rapp's explosive allegation that Spacey made a sexual advance toward him when Rapp was just 14 years old as well as actor and filmmaker Tony Montana's claim that seemingly-drunk Spacey "grabbed my whole package" at a Los Angeles bar back in 2003.

But Spacey's victims seemingly just kept increasing as earlier on Wednesday, a man who asked to remain anonymous shared another story on BBC 2's "Victoria Derbyshire" program, saying that he spent a weekend at the actor's New York City home as a 17-year-old in the mid-'80s. Spacey allegedly coerced the teen into sharing his bed and "was sobbing" when his guest refused to do so.

"In the morning, I woke up and [Spacey's] head was on my stomach and his arms were wrapped around my torso, very affectionately, I would suppose," the man recalled. "He certainly wasn't aggressive, but it was affectionate and certainly not something I was comfortable with as a heterosexual male." The two had met at a summer theater program. Spacey would have been in his mid-20s at the time. "I was uncomfortable at best, traumatized at worst," said the man.

Another story about the "House of Cards" star appeared in British tabloid The Sun on Tuesday. The publication reported that Spacey exposed himself in 2010 to a man named Daniel Beal, who was working as a bartender at an English hotel.

The mounting allegations have been enough to concern London's Old Vic theater, where Spacey previously served as artistic director from 2004 to 2015. While the theater claims no complaints were made against him during his time there, it released a statement on Tuesday, expressing its "deep dismay" about its former employee's alleged misbehavior.

"We aim to foster a safe and supportive environment without prejudice, harassment or bullying of any sort, at any level," read the statement. The theater has opened a tip line, [email protected], for those who have been involved with its productions to share any complaints anonymously.

However, "a number of people" have contacted the publication with stories about misbehavior by Spacey during his time as artistic director at the Old Vic, according to a report from the Guardian on Wednesday. Citing stories by two sources, one of which asked to remain anonymous, the publication accused the theater of ignoring past complaints.

According to Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos, unwanted sexual advances toward younger men were "common" when Spacey was at the Old Vic. In a lengthy, Spanish-language Facebook post he shared earlier this week, Cavazos said he personally experienced behavior that was "on the borderline of being considered assault." Spacey allegedly would make his advances after inviting younger actors to meet with him to talk about their careers or else he would approach men at bars.

"Those of us who knew him in London when he was director of the Old Vic Theatre know that there will be many more victims who will dare to tell their stories in the next days and weeks," Cavazos wrote, "I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers were similar to those of [Harvey] Weinstein," referring to the former head of The Weinstein Company who's been accused of sexual harassment and assault by more than 50 women.

You can share this post!

You might also like
Related Posts