Chris Soules Called 911 After Deadly Car Crash, Tried to Help Victim

The former 'Bachelor' star has broken his silence after the accident that killed one man, saying, 'My family and I are overwhelmed with this tragedy.'

AceShowbiz - %cChris Soules% reported the fatal car crash on Monday night, April 24 to authority before allegedly leaving the scene. The former "The Bachelor" star made a 911 call after he rear-ended his pickup truck into a tractor, sending both vehicles into roadside ditches.

In audio recording of the 911 call, an emotional Chris breathed heavily as he talked with the operator. The 35-year-old reality TV star said the victim, who was later identified as Kenneth Mosher, no longer appeared to be breathing.

"There's no address," Chris told the operator. "Chris, are we able to start CPR?" the operator asked him. "Chris, do you know how to do CPR?" Chris replied, "No, I don't." He was heard asking others for help and told the operator that there were people around him.

"Does anyone know how to do CPR?" the operator asked. "I can talk you through it, if you're near the patient." Someone was performing CPR, but it's unclear if it was Chris. Moments later, Chris repeatedly shouted, "There's blood!"

"Is there blood coming out of his mouth, Chris?" the operator asked, to which Chris answered, "Yes." Chris later said, "I can feel a pulse. Yeah, he's got a pulse." Chris asked, "You guys on your way?" and promised to call back before hanging up. Chris allegedly left the scene before EMTs arrived.

According to a new TMZ report, Chris called someone to pick him up and take him home. When Sheriff's deputies got to his house, he refused to come out until they obtained a search warrant several hours later.

Deputies eventually arrested him and took him to the hospital where they drew blood to determine whether alcohol or drugs were in his system. It was reported before that Chris was in possession of alcoholic beverages and containers at the time of the accident.

Chris was charged with leaving the scene of a car crash that left one individual dead. He was released from jail after posting $10,000 bail. His preliminary hearing is set for 1:30 P.M. on May 2.

Chris has broken his silence after the car crash. In a statement released to In Touch, he says, "My family and I are overwhelmed with this tragedy, but we are sticking together and we'll get through it. Thank you for reaching out."

You can share this post!

Related Posts