AceShowbiz - %cHeath Ledger%'s death was no one else's fault but his own, said his father. Eight years after his son tragically passed away, Kim Ledger spoke up about his son's accidental overdose in an interview with Daily Mail Australia and said that the late star was the one ending his own life.
"It was totally his fault," he stated. "It was no one else's. He reached for [the pills]. He put them in his system. You can't blame anyone else in that situation. That's hard to accept because I loved him so much and was so proud of him."
Ledger was found dead in 2008 in his NYC apartment after consuming a fatal amount of oxycodone, diazepam, hydrocodone and doxylamine. Kim said that the night before his son's death, the actor had a phone conversation with his sister Kate who warned him about the dangers of mixing prescription painkillers with sleeping pills.
"His sister was on the phone with him the night before telling him not to take the prescription medications with the sleeping tablets," he continued. "He said, 'Katie, Katie, I'm fine now. I know what I'm doing.' He would have had no idea."
When he died, Heath had finished filming "The Dark Knight", for which he later posthumously won an Oscar. He's survived by daughter Matilda Ledger whom he welcomed with actress %cMichelle Williams% back in 2005.