if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Missy Elliott Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Missy Elliott
> Missy Elliott Trivia
- Famous as : R&B singer, rapper, songwriter, record producer
- Birth Name : Melissa Arnette Elliott
- Birth Date : July 01, 1971
- Birth Place : Portsmouth, Virginia, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : Single "Da Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)" from album "Supa Dupa Fly" (1997)
- Won the Female Hip-Hop Artist award at the 6th annual BET Awards held June 27th, 2006.
- Following her mother near-fatal heart attack, she decided to lose weight and reduce her high blood pressure.
- Quits smoking pot after achieving commercial success.
- Owns a mansion in Virgina Beach, Virginia.
- Is a huge fan of Bjork.
- Once wrote letters to Michael and Janet Jackson, claiming to be terminally ill just to get their attention.
- Formerly known as Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott, but then dropped "Misdemeanor" in 2003 and goes by simply "Missy Elliott."
- Along with model Iman she produces a line of lipstick, which part of its profits used to help victims of domestic abuse.
- Is the first hip-hop artist to perform on the renowned Lilith Fair tour.
- Has collaborations with Jodeci, Aaliyah, Busta Rhymes, Whitney Houston, Paula Cole, Destiny's Child, Christina Aguilera, Yolanda Adams, Clark Sisters and Mary Mary.
- lbum "Under Construction" (2002) is Elliott's best selling album to date; sold 2.1 million copies in U.S. and went double Platinum.
- Album "Da Real World" (1999) was nominated for a Soul Train Award and a Grammy.
- Her album "Supa Dupa Fly" (1997) received a Grammy nomination and three MTV award nominations.
- Wrote Tweet's own debut single, "Oops (Oh My)."
- Together with Timbaland, Elliott wrote and produced nine tracks for Aaliyah's second album "One in a Million" (1996), which at last went double Platinum.
- Chartered "Kill Bill: Vol. 1" (2003)'s "Pussy Wagon" from Quentin Tarantino to be used in the music video for her song "I'm Really Hot."
- Wrote, produced and performed on the debut solo single of Spice Girl's Melanie Brown titled "I Want You Back" (1998).
- Writing and remixing for Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson.
- Also was a part of DeVante DeGrate production teams along with Timbaland (Tim Mosley) and R&B crooner Ginuwine.
- Was a member of "Supafriends/Bassment Crew" group which producers are Tim Mosley, rapper Magoo, R&B artists Aaliyah and Ginuwine, and R&B group Playa.
- Previously belonged to a neighbourhood singing group named Sista, for which she served as a singer and songwriter.
- Scored high on a school IQ test and her teachers have proven it wasn't a fluke.
- Used to write song lyrics on her bedroom wallpaper.
- Her mother left her father when she was 13.