if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Jessica Lange Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Jessica Lange
> Jessica Lange Trivia
- Famous as : Actress
- Birth Name : Jessica Phyllis Lange
- Birth Date : April 20, 1949
- Birth Place : Cloquet, Minnesota
- Spouse : Paco Grande (1970 - 1981)
- Claim to Fame : As Frances Farmer in "Frances" (1982)
- Teamed up with Sophia Loren to raise people's awareness of children who are HIV-positive in Russia.
- Is among the elite group of thespians alongside Emma Thompson and Julianne Moore who have been nominated for both Supporting and Lead Acting categories at Academy Awards in the same year for their achievements in two different movies.
- Made a return to Broadway in 2005 to perform in "The Glass Menagerie" with actor Christian Slater.
- Has collected 10 Golden Globes nominations up to the year 2004 and had won 4 of them at the 1977, 1984, 1995, and 1996 event.
- Gained a Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or a Motion Picture Made for Television nomination at Satellite Awards held in 2004 for her role in "Normal" (2003).
- Was the recipient of Donostia Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2002 San Sebastian International Film Festival.
- Became a UNICEF's Goodwill Ambassador by the year of 2003.
- Earned a Laurence Olivier Theatre Award nomination for Best Actress category in 2001 through he stage performance in "Long Day's Journey into Night" at the Lyric Theatre.
- Was the Golden Satellite Award nominee in the category of Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, Drama at the 2000 Satellite Awards for her role in "Titus" (1999).
- Was once nominated for a Razzie Award in the Worst Actress category by 1999 for her role in "Hush" (1998).
- Took home a Sant Jordi Award for winning the Best Foreign Actress (Mejor Actriz Extranjera) category in 1996.
- Ranked 64th on Empire Magazine's list of 100 Sexiest Stars in Film History compiled in 1995.
- Had twice been nominated at Emmy Awards: the first was in 1993 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Special category and the second was in 1996 for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie.
- Obtained a Theatre World Award in 1992 and a Crystal Award at Women in Film Crystal Awards held in 2000.
- Brought home a Joseph Plateau Award in 1986 for winning the category of Best Actor and a Gracie Allen Award in 2004 for that of Individual Achievement for Best Female Lead - Drama - Special.
- Provided all the vocals for the songs from her 1985 film feature of "Sweet Dreams."
- Beat Meryl Streep in obtaining the role of Patsy Cline in Sweet Dreams (1985).
- Was nominated for the category of Best Actress at the 1984 BAFTA Awards and of Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role at the 1995 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Gained the title of Best Actress at 1983 Moscow International Festival, the 1985 Joseph Plateau Awards, the 1994 LAFCA Awards, and at the 1999 Verona Love Screens Film Festival.
- Was named Best Supporting Actress at NYFCC Awards in 1982 also at BSFC Awards, KCFCC Awards, and NSFC Awards in 1983.
- Her portrayal of Cora in "The Postman Always Rings Twice" (1981) was partially inspired by the downbeat life of Barbara Payton after co-star Jack Nicholson showed her Payton's autobiography, "I Am Not Ashamed."
- Attended the audition for a role in "Goin' South" (1978), but lose the part to Mary Steenburgen.
- Was honored the Anton Chekhov Fine Arts Award.
- Encountered her London stage and Broadway debut playing the same character of Blanche DuBois in "A Streetcar Named Desire."
- Had once worked as waitress at the Lion's Head in Greenwich Village during her modeling years.
- Joined Ellie Klein Theatre Group during her struggle to be a professional actress in New York.
- Likes doing photography and gardening.
- Is a strong supporter for rights of the Nepalese monks.
- Has been among those who harshly criticize Bush Administration in Hollywood, even has signed the statement that condemned his actions concerning the Iraq war made by the anti-fascist group The World Can't Wait--Drive Out the Bush Regime.
- Was delivered by her mother at 11:00am-CST.