if ($layoutType == 'mobile')
mb_bottomframe($kanal, $htmlfile, $brstatus);
Elliott Yamin Trivia
- Home > Celebrity
> Elliott Yamin
> Elliott Yamin Trivia
- Famous as : Singer
- Birth Name : Efraym Elliott Yamin
- Birth Date : July 20, 1978
- Birth Place : Los Angeles, California, USA
- Spouse : -
- Claim to Fame : 2nd runner-up on the 5th season of "American Idol"
- His favorite American Idol judge is Simon Cowell because he doesn't sugarcoat anything.
- Cut the ribbon for a diabetes walk during JDRF International Walk to Cure Diabetes on October 22, 2006.
- May 12 was dedicated as Virginia's "Elliott Yamin Day" by Richmond's Governor Tim Kaine.
- Scored the highest rated performance in season 5 on AmericanIdol.com.
- Sang 'A House Is Not a Home' in the Burt Bacharach medley and U2's 'One' with Mary J. Blige in the final round of American Idol.
- His grandmother passed away the night he made it through to Top 12 in American Idol
- Was born at 12:15 a.m., one day after his father got his green card to legally stay in the States.
- Named the national spokesperson for the American Diabetes Association (ADA) in May 2007.
- Wished to be taller so that he can dunk a basketball.
- His favorite musicians are Alicia Keys, Donny Hathaway and Usher.
- Likes to watch The Amazing Race apart from American Idol.
- Would like to have the ability to fly.
- Admires Stevie Wonder and would like to duet with him.
- Likes to play basketball and is an avid fan of Charlotte Bobcats.
- His favorite film is "Coming to America" that coincidentally features choreography by Paula Abdul.
- Defined American Idol as someone who can inspire others to accomplish anything they set their mind to do.
- His producer cousin Josh Abraham, said he would love to produce Elliott's album.
- His fans are known as Yaminions, the E-Train, FOEs (Friends of Elliott), Yamin Fiends and the Yamin Machine.
- Met U.S. President George W. Bush at the White House on July 28, 2006.
- Met Richmond's Governor Tim Kaine who gave him a t-shirt bearing the quote, "Virginia is for Elliott Lovers."
- Threw the first pitch for a Richmond Braves game on May 12, 2006.
- Went through a $20,000 worth of dental makeover in Beverly Hills that took 20 hours.
- Graced the cover of Richmond Magazine in July 2006 which sold 144,000 copies in 4 days while usually the magazine only sells 31,000 units in a month.
- His tour in hometown Richmond, Virginia on July 29, 2006 sold 9,000 tickets under 15 minutes.
- Was placed #5 on Best Idol of All Time through AOL poll on May 30, 2006.
- Mentioned that he was deaf in right ear during American Idol's third round of semi-finals.
- His audition number in American Idol was 19991.
- Provided the background sound for Big Planz's gospel rap CD Sound Doctrine in 2004.
- Had an ex girlfriend named Amanda whom he met at a TGI Fridays during a karaoke night.
- Sang Brian McKnight's "One Last Cry" in Richmond's karaoke contest and won $1000.
- Graduated from Tuckahoe Middle School and attended Douglas S. Freeman High School briefly.
- Has never had any formal training in singing.
- Bought Whitney Houston's self-titled debut with his first own money.
- Used to like snacking on Little Debbie's Strawberry Shortcake Rolls before getting diabetes.
- Used to turn off the lights when singing in front of friends.
- Attempted to be a vegetarian when he was 8.
- Used to carry boombox around that played Itzhak Perlman when he was 5 years old.
- His mother Claudette sang at hotels, clubs and steakhouses with musician Ray McKinley.