AceShowbiz - Prince Harry has responded to claim that he has a hotel room that he uses to escape from his wife Meghan Markle. On Sunday, May 21, a rep for the Duke of Sussex shut down the rumor in a statement to Page Six.
The rep simply told the news outlet that the report "is not true." The Sun previously claimed that Harry has a private room "set aside" in a luxury hotel near his and Meghan's Montecito, California, home for when he needs alone time.
The report, which was published on Saturday, also stated that the British royal would also allegedly run to his "escape place" at San Vicente Bungalows, a private members club in Los Angeles with strict rules to protect its guests. It's said that San Vicente Bungalows prioritizes the privacy of its exclusive guests through an extensive list of safety procedures, including banning the use of cameras while inside their facilities. The clubhouse also allegedly puts stickers over phone cameras of guests upon entering.
Not stopping there, guests are reportedly prohibited from discussing what they see inside the exclusive club. They are also banned from approaching other guests inside the clubhouse.
In other news related to the royal couple, Gayle King slammed people who were "downplaying" the "near-catastrophic car chase" involving the pair and paparazzi in New York City earlier this month. "I think it was a very unfortunate incident," the CBS journalist exclusively told Page Six on Saturday at the 148th Preakness Stakes in Baltimore, Md. "It's troubling to me that anybody would try to downplay what that would mean to them. That's very troubling to me."
"I'm just really sorry it happened and very sorry they had to go through it," she went on to say. "Everybody can have all of their opinions but I always go back to, 'How did they feel in that moment?' "
Harry and Meghan, who were also joined by her mom Doria Ragland, were involved in a "near catastrophic car chase" with paparazzi after attending the Ms. Foundation Women of Vision Awards in New York City. "Last night, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Ms. Ragland were involved in a near catastrophic car chase at the hands of a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi," a spokesperson for the couple revealed in a statement. "This relentless pursuit, lasting over two hours, resulted in multiple near collisions involving other drivers on the road, pedestrians and two NYPD (New York Police Department) officers."
"While being a public figure comes with a level of interest from the public, it should never come at the cost of anyone's safety," the statement continued. "Dissemination of these images, given the ways in which they were obtained, encourages a highly intrusive practice that is dangerous to all in involved."
NYPD later confirmed the incident in a statement. "There were numerous photographers that made their transport challenging. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex arrived at their destination and there were no reported collisions, summonses, injuries or arrests in regard," it said.