AceShowbiz - Nicki Minaj's husband seemingly needs some time to rest. Kenneth Petty is reportedly "too sick" to attend any mediation appointments with his sexual assault accuser, Jennifer Hough.
AllHipHop reported that the 44-year-old claimed he was too sick to attend the initial mediation on March 6, so the courts rescheduled for March 9. He then canceled for a second time.
Citing official court docs, the outlet said that Nicki's allowing her man to use her attorney, Steven D. Isser, who asked Judge James R. Cho to move the meditation to March 24. Steven wrote, "We respectfully request that the Court extend the mediation deadline to March 24, 2023, which will hopefully be sufficient time for Mr. Petty to recover and the for parties and the Mediator to reschedule a mutually available date for the mediation. Thank you for your attention to this matter."
In April 1995, Kenneth was convicted of attempted rape in the first degree for an assault on the then 16-year-old Jennifer the year prior. He was 15 years old at the time. Petty was sentenced to 18 to 54 months in prison and served four years and he's currently listed as a level two registered sex offender in New York.
In an interview with "The Real" last year, Jennifer stated she and Kenneth were "casual acquaintances" and never in a relationship. Meanwhile, in a court filing, Kenneth insisted that he "never raped" Jennifer.
"I never raped the Plaintiff and I deny her accusations of rape contained in the Amended Complaint," he declared. "I also deny all of Plaintiff's allegations in the Amended Complaint that I committed any improper conduct, sexual abuse and/or sexual assault. The sexual encounter between Plaintiff and I, which occurred 27 years ago, was consensual and Plaintiff was a willing participant. I did not force Plaintiff into a house, I did not force Plaintiff to have sex with me and I did not sexually or physically assault Plaintiff in any way. Nor did I ever threaten Plaintiff."
Although Kenneth pleaded guilty, he told the court he took the plea deal out of fear. "I pled guilty to attempted rape, despite my innocence, because I was a scared 16 year old kid and was told that my sentence would be 20 years to life if I did not plead guilty to attempted rape," he explained.