Katie Price's Fiance Carl Woods 'Relieved' as Threatening Behavior Charge Dropped After Heated Row
Instagram
Celebrity

The former 'Love Island' contestant previously was charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior to the 44-year-old former glamor model following an incident last August.

AceShowbiz - Katie Price's fiance Carl Woods has opened up about how he feels after a charge against him was dropped by prosecutors. The former "Love Island" contestant is "relieved" after having his threatening behavior charge against the model dropped days before he was due to face court.

Sources close to the 33-year-old spoke of his reaction when a lack of evidence led to his trial being scrapped. The car dealer was charged with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior to ex-glamor girl Price, 44, following an incident last August.

Colchester Magistrates' Court had been told he "tried to force his way into a house after rowing with Katie and shouting in the street," and he appeared in court in March. Supported by mum-of-five Price, whose children include heavily disabled Harvey, 20, he pleaded not guilty, was granted unconditional bail and had been due to begin his trial this Thursday, June 16.

The Sun reported on Monday, June 13 his case has since been scrapped as there was "no longer a realistic prospect of conviction." A source close to Woods said, "[Woods] is relieved to finally have his name cleared. The case really put huge amounts of pressure on him. Those close to Carl continued to support him throughout the process and everyone was relieved to hear the news."

The insider added he is "now more determined than ever to seek justice against those who contributed towards falsely accusing him."

Prosecutor Leigh Hart told the court in March Woods got in a row with Price at home, adding, "This resulted in his partner leaving his property to go to another property. The defendant followed her and attempted to force the door of that property and was heard shouting outside in the street which was overheard by neighbors."

Defending, Mark Davies shrugged off the incident as "nothing more than a squabble."

If found guilty, Woods faced a maximum of six months' jail. A spokesperson for the Crown Prosecution Service confirmed, "The CPS has an obligation to keep cases under continuous review. As part of our review and in accordance with our legal test we concluded that there was no longer a realistic prospect of conviction and the case was stopped. The Crown Prosecution Service takes seriously all situations where a person's behavior causes fear and we will seek to prosecute suspects when our legal test is met."

You can share this post!

Related Posts