AceShowbiz - Jon Gosselin has been hospitalized after being bitten by a venomous spider. When sharing his story in a new interview, the former "Jon & Kate Plus 8" star revealed that he almost lost his leg.
The 44-year-old told The Sun that he was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider while sleeping in his bed at his Reading, Pennsylvania home. "It was my first real single weekend. I was totally ready to open up and meet new people and start fresh," he recalled. "But I woke after a night of music and fun and went to stand up only to fall back down on the bed. I was in excruciating pain."
"My first thought was 'What now?' I have had a rough year, my breakup was hard, then I got Covid which was bad. It was really weird because when I looked at my leg I realized it was twice the size and there's a red-looking blister with a large red circle around it," the former TV personality added. "It kind of looked like a cigarette burn, but really raised."
Jon then decided to go to a nearby hospital. "The doc immediately knew the pain was from a Brown Recluse, which is a deadly spider," he pointed out. "My entire leg had swollen up from the cellulitis."
"The doctor told me that I was lucky to come in because if you don't treat this you can lose limbs or die from a bacterial infection," he elaborated further. "It's crazy because one moment I was DJ-ing and having the best weekend and next thing you know my life was in danger again."
"I just wish I knew where the spider was so I can take my revenge," the former TLC reality star continued. "I went through days of severe pain and now the antibiotic is so strong it's made me ill. I'm losing pounds again."
Fortunately, Jon is now on the road to recovery. "It's finally healing after a week and the swelling has improved and the pain is just where the bite is rather than my entire leg," he said, before quipping, "I've never been bit by a spider in my whole life, unless you count Kate Gosselin. But all jokes aside, let's face it, it hasn't been my year."